Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I need the trimmest option out there PLEASE (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458891)

mrsmccullen07 10-30-2012 08:50 AM

I need the trimmest option out there PLEASE

My little lady is 11weeks old and 13lbs she HATES bulk and I have tried every combination I have on hand ..

GMD Workhorses with PUL covers as well as wool
GMD Prefolds snappied and padfolded in covers
GMD Flats padfolded into covers

Covers are : Sized Thirsties,Bummis and OS Flips

She hates them all :( I need to find a option and fast for us. So please tell me what you found to be super trim on your smaller baby ??

I need her to be able to wear her footed sleepers all winter since she hates the wool (and gets rashy from it and I stripped and tried another lanolin and had the same issue).

Thank You !!

minneapolismelissa 10-30-2012 09:07 AM

Re: I need the trimmest option out there PLEASE

Trimmest for me on newborns were AIO's. We used Grovia and BG. Hope that helps!

newtocloth2 10-30-2012 09:23 AM

I would try an AIO or AI2. Peachy greens and bottombumpers are trim.

Kabuki24 10-30-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsmccullen07 (Post 15875041)
My little lady is 11weeks old and 13lbs she HATES bulk and I have tried every combination I have on hand ..

GMD Workhorses with PUL covers as well as wool
GMD Prefolds snappied and padfolded in covers
GMD Flats padfolded into covers

Covers are : Sized Thirsties,Bummis and OS Flips

She hates them all :( I need to find a option and fast for us. So please tell me what you found to be super trim on your smaller baby ??

I need her to be able to wear her footed sleepers all winter since she hates the wool (and gets rashy from it and I stripped and tried another lanolin and had the same issue).

Thank You !!

I have never cloth diapered a newborn, but my friend used Softbums Echo when her baby was even 6 lbs. Also Peachy Green are trim and fit her baby well too.

s@hmommy 10-30-2012 09:30 AM

I love our nanas bottoms! They are super trim and very affordable.

mrsmccullen07 10-30-2012 09:31 AM

She isn't technically a newborn she is 11 weeks but we need a trim option so I think I am going to go with bottombumpers now to just find the kissedbythemoon discount code ;) Thanks ladies for your suggestions !!

madebymommy 10-30-2012 09:32 AM

FB Elite, trimmest diaper I have ever tried!

Belbaby3728 10-30-2012 09:35 AM

If she isn't growing super fast swaddlebees nb's might work as they go to 18lbs.

I had that issue with my scrawny dd (but at 11 weeks she was maybe 8-9lbs) and fuzzibunz xs were what fit good with no bulk.

Next up for OS was grovia. Both the AIO and cover worked.

But bulk only really bothered her at night and naptime when laying down.

mrsmccullen07 10-30-2012 09:38 AM

SHe has already outgrown the swaddlbee newborns they dig into her thighs :( I have a few on hand and ordered some medium simplex to try the fit since I do love those

Yarnjess 10-30-2012 09:41 AM

You could also try using the flats on her with a Snappi and PUL or fleece cover. I find flats to be pretty trim. The GMD website shows how to do the origami fold and also links to a PDF with a bunch of different folds. Since you already have the flats it might be worth trying and might feel more comfy on your LO than a pad folded flat.