Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Charting is driving me crazy! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458914)

tedcgh 10-30-2012 09:51 AM

Charting is driving me crazy!

Anyone else find charting frustrating this cycle? I am just learning, but really thought I would see more of a pattern by now. I thought it would be fun to post our frustrating charts and maybe we could offer each other insight. Chart expert input would be awesome too. Anyone can post.

tedcgh 10-30-2012 09:53 AM

Here is my chart. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2d367b

What is up with the temp elevation drop right after AF left? Do you think I ovulated this weekend?

RunawayBunny 10-30-2012 12:28 PM

Looks to me like your body geared up to O on cd13,14,15 but didnt and then geared up again for an O this weekend. Its hard to say, but time will tell. Thats my best guess especially considering the positive opk and that Sept chart did a similar thing.

TonyKariTony 10-30-2012 01:11 PM

Re: Charting is driving me crazy!

I agree with the PP, it looks like your body wanted to O earlier and it didn't.

tedcgh 10-30-2012 04:56 PM

Thanks for the input. That makes sense. I had a almost positive OPK on CD 12 and a stark negative on 13.

Anyone else want to share their chart?

photocat 10-30-2012 06:48 PM

Oh boy, I'm with you on the crazy charting business! This is my 2nd month charting and it looks all over the place.

Question: One of my kids woke me up a good 40 minutes earlier than usual today and I got up with him for about 5 mins then thought oh crap, gotta temp. Tucked him back in, leaped back into bed and temped :giggle: My temp is down quite a bit from yesterday but I'm thinking I should be seeing an upswing instead. I'm assuming this is from the different temp timing and the fact that I got up? But is that supposed to make your temp higher or lower?

Darn it, it's very close to O time, but it's gonna be hard to pin-point it.

Chart link is at the end of my siggy.

tedcgh 10-30-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photocat (Post 15877538)
Oh boy, I'm with you on the crazy charting business! This is my 2nd month charting and it looks all over the place.

Question: One of my kids woke me up a good 40 minutes earlier than usual today and I got up with him for about 5 mins then thought oh crap, gotta temp. Tucked him back in, leaped back into bed and temped :giggle: My temp is down quite a bit from yesterday but I'm thinking I should be seeing an upswing instead. I'm assuming this is from the different temp timing and the fact that I got up? But is that supposed to make your temp higher or lower?

Darn it, it's very close to O time, but it's gonna be hard to pin-point it.

Chart link is at the end of my siggy.

I bet you will see a spike in the morning. That was a big drop especially since you were up first. I don't understand when adjusting temps. The info with my babycomp gives you a 4 hour window to temp.
I thought movement and less sleep is supposed to be higher because your metabolism is jumpstarted and you are expending energy that results in heat. I don't know for sure. My little guy still nurses so I am all over the place with sleep.

c&w's mama 10-30-2012 08:41 PM

I know its impossible not to stress :) but try to look at your charts after the month is over (I promise, I've charted off and on since 2005) Before getting pg with DS, I went into an acupuncturist (now beloved acupuncturist) and plunked down 1.5 years of SUPER detailed charts... in his wonderful calm way, he validated my need to chart and in a non insulting-- VERY soothing way (how this is possible, I have no idea) told me I knew all I could from them (I ovulated every month with a regular pattern--while not breastfeeding) and since they appeared to be stressful to me, maybe it was time to let go of them. It was like a weight off my shoulders and after 2 years of trying (really trying) I got my BFP that cycle. All I did was temp around O, best I could about times, and after I saw it I didn't do it again until 2 months ago. I tell myself this story all the time because I get wrapped up in a temp or 2... I remind myself every day to only glance at the chart and not invest much in the day to day.

sorry if that's annoying and totally not what you want :) not meant to be...

you know, I just read this. I think charting is great and I'm doing full cycles now because I don't know what- if anything!- is going on with my body. For example, I'm a full degree hotter at all times than I have ever been-- what in the world does that mean?? I am even going to need to see a few more months to make sure I'm Oing and not just getting back into the swing of taking my temperature (I am still BF and little man doesn't want to wait for me to temp if he wakes first- ha!) Not saying otherwise. Just try to look at it as a whole... does that make sense?! I am in no way saying not to chart!! I'm here because I'm charting too-- just trying not to analyze every day :)

tedcgh 10-30-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c&w's mama
I know its impossible not to stress :) but try to look at your charts after the month is over (I promise, I've charted off and on since 2005) Before getting pg with DS, I went into an acupuncturist (now beloved acupuncturist) and plunked down 1.5 years of SUPER detailed charts... in his wonderful calm way, he validated my need to chart and in a non insulting-- VERY soothing way (how this is possible, I have no idea) told me I knew all I could from them (I ovulated every month with a regular pattern--while not breastfeeding) and since they appeared to be stressful to me, maybe it was time to let go of them. It was like a weight off my shoulders and after 2 years of trying (really trying) I got my BFP that cycle. All I did was temp around O, best I could about times, and after I saw it I didn't do it again until 2 months ago. I tell myself this story all the time because I get wrapped up in a temp or 2... I remind myself every day to only glance at the chart and not invest much in the day to day.

sorry if that's annoying and totally not what you want :) not meant to be...

you know, I just read this. I think charting is great and I'm doing full cycles now because I don't know what- if anything!- is going on with my body. For example, I'm a full degree hotter at all times than I have ever been-- what in the world does that mean?? I am even going to need to see a few more months to make sure I'm Oing and not just getting back into the swing of taking my temperature (I am still BF and little man doesn't want to wait for me to temp if he wakes first- ha!) Not saying otherwise. Just try to look at it as a whole... does that make sense?! I am in no way saying not to chart!! I'm here because I'm charting too-- just trying not to analyze every day :)

It totally makes sense. I am actually trying to figure out charting now during the TTC process so I have some experience under my belt for when we are ready TTA if I ever get blessed with another baby.

c&w's mama 10-30-2012 09:49 PM

:giggle2: after all these years ttc, I wonder what it will feel like to tta

I think that 's a great idea... I admit, I pulled out my tcoyf book and the other diet one I can't think of this moment to review again... and I'm trying to limit myself to once a day for a few minutes studying all my old FF charts ;)

its nice to feel like you know what's going on...

always think getting up in the morning first should raise a temp, but mine always lowers... I am totally guilty of multiple temp takes some mornings but I'm not a temp adjuster.