Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   need major repelling help (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459034)

loveReese2pieces 10-30-2012 03:36 PM

need major repelling help

I bought some used BG small AIO's and have just started using them on my newbie and much to my dismay they are majorly repelling. I have soaked them in Dawn and very hot water and even scrubbed them like mad, did my normal wash routine WITH bleach and still the water just sits on top of the suedecloth. I can see where it made a little bit of difference and the water would soak in quickly but only in small places here and there- but most of the inside of the diapers are still repelling- I'm so bummed because I love these! What else can I do? Are they beyond saving?

nonipie 10-30-2012 04:25 PM

Re: need major repelling help

I'm not sure that is repelling. That is what it is supposed to do. It needs pressure in order to push it through the fabric. Are they leaking when on the baby?

BldrArch 10-30-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonipie
I'm not sure that is repelling. That is what it is supposed to do. It needs pressure in order to push it through the fabric. Are they leaking when on the baby?

:werd: suedecloth and MF do need a bit of pressure for liquids to pass through. But if they're leaking right through when on baby then that's a different story. Do they look too big?

Sent via iPhone using DS Forum (yes, I'm that addicted)

loveReese2pieces 10-30-2012 05:34 PM

They seem to fit great but leak every time right after he pees- last time he was wearing one not even five minutes and his clothes were soaked....the PUL seems good and the inside MF is wet a little bit but most of the pee seems to go elsewhere. Shouldn't the liquid soak in after a few minutes? It literally pools and just sits there- it soaks in quickly in some spots...I'm so confused!

loveReese2pieces 10-30-2012 05:44 PM

Forgot to mention that I have some xs BG AIOs and never once had a leak with those! Did the "water test" on those and the water did sit on top for a few seconds then slowly sank in.

nonipie 10-30-2012 06:18 PM

Could it be a fit issue? How big is your LO?

loveReese2pieces 10-30-2012 06:28 PM

He gained 2 pounds in two weeks right after he was born and gets chunkier by the minute! He is probably really close to or over 10 pounds now.

mommaagain 10-30-2012 06:33 PM

Are there still suds in the washer when you rinse them? My sister had some BG's that were leaking. She finally gave up on them and gave them to me. I washed and watched the rinse cycle....suds. So I rinsed again SEVENTEEN times before the water was clear of suds. No lie. She had a front loader that obviously wasn't doing a good job on the rinse cycle. Repelling/leaking completely cured.

loveReese2pieces 10-31-2012 07:44 PM

I can't see into my FL washer!!!! So how do I know if there are suds or not? Ugh...I HATE my stupid FL....I miss my old fashioned agitator.

247mom 10-31-2012 08:53 PM

when you open the door, there would be some suds right there if there are any HTH!