Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How can I turn this breech baby (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459102)

garness 10-30-2012 07:28 PM

How can I turn this breech baby

I am almost 34 weeks. Trying for a VBAC, of course they will schedule a section if he is persistent with this breech thing.

kushie tushie 10-30-2012 07:39 PM

Have you tried the techniques on the spinning baby website?

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

garness 10-30-2012 07:50 PM

Re: How can I turn this breech baby

yes I am trying the forward inversion and the breech tilt backwards inversion. I find the positions very hard to stay in for much more than a minute or so, just because of back/hip pain that I have and also heartburn.

doulamomma 10-30-2012 07:54 PM

Look for a chiropractor who does the webster technique

Sent from my droid

garness 10-30-2012 07:57 PM

been doing it for the last couple weeks

RachelFlores 10-31-2012 08:15 AM

I tried spinning babies and a chiropractor. I really think the chiropractor helped release tight tendons and make more room for ds. I also tried doing headstands in a swimming pool and just swimming in general, I tried shining a flashlight on my belly and trying to get the baby to follow it down, I've heard people trying that with music as well. I tried sitting in a warm bath and putting and ice pack on the top of my belly. At 37 weeks he was almost transvers, I went to an old school OB who actually does breech vaginal births and he was actually able to turn him in the office, coolest thing ever. Once turned, he stayed head down (something I was SO worried about) for two weeks till he was born.

Oh, I've also heard that acupuncture can help turn a baby, but I didn't go that route.

I'd suggest looking into OBs in your area that would try an external version, since most MD are not taught the practice anymore I'd suggest looking for an older OB who has a really low c-section rate.

mommycass 10-31-2012 08:22 AM

I know breech babies can be frustrating. I think you have plenty of time for baby to flip on its own. I've heard pelvic rocks/tilts can help. You get on all fours and tilt your pelvis toward the floor and back. It's like arching your back up like a cat then hanging your belly all the way down. Hope that makes since, lol!

garness 10-31-2012 09:53 AM

I have been told that they won't do an external version on a woman who has had a prior c-section. Don't know if that is standard, or just my practice.

Kiliki 10-31-2012 10:31 AM

We used frozen peas on my belly to make my DD move when she was breech. I don't remember how far along I was. Pretty far - past 33 wks I think. She was breech.

I put the frozen peas where her head was, and held them there. she moved a little towards my side (transverse), and I kept moving the peas, following her head until she was head down.

Then I did some deep squats and held them as long as I could (supported myself with the couch and DH helped). That got her nice and low.

She stayed head down IRRC. She did move back up and she liked to wedge her head into my right hip (so, head down, with her head in my right hip, and her feet in my ribs on my left side). She did that a couple times, and we would just grab the frozen peas and move her again.

IIRC, we moved her that way maybe 3 times, and then she got too big to keep moving around, but would still flip posterior/anterior. I didn't care as much about that part, though. I just really wanted her head down with her head in my pelvis.

I also continued to do squats whenever I could when I was sure she was head down, to help encourage her to stay there.

For us, this worked fine. It's worth a try, since it's not dangerous and can't hurt anything! :)

garness 10-31-2012 11:34 AM

ok, tried it for about 10 minutes. He didn't move, so I'll have to wait until he is more active and try again.