Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   best for a 4 month old who HATES being worn (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459151)

Catbutt Diapers 10-30-2012 10:42 PM

best for a 4 month old who HATES being worn

What would be the best carrier for a 4 month old who HATES being worn?

Catbutt Diapers 10-30-2012 10:43 PM

Re: best for a 4 month old who HATES being worn

I should add I'm looking for something that I can use for more than just a couple of months.

starbeam 10-31-2012 12:41 AM

DS really hated my ergo when i first got it, which was around 3 mos, and now he likes it better. when he was that little, his fave was the moby wrap but not pulled up super high (like only to his armpits) so he could just sit in it and still look around, not have his shoulders and head be strapped to my chest. then, if he fell asleep, i could pull it up higher to snuggle his head to me. i would get a gauze wrap so that it is more supportive and you can do back carries later on and still use it til your little one is a toddler, but so that it has some stretch and she will like it better now. i also like a little stretch in a wrap so you can pop baby in and out a few times before having to untie and rewrap it. with a woven, you have to rewrap it around your LO each time you want to put them in it.

graceworks 11-01-2012 12:47 PM

The ring sling is nice because it doesn't have straps and a "body" that might get in the baby's way. I have a mei tai and a ring sling and my 5 month old baby is much comfier in ring sling because it just is like a pouch for her rather than covering most of her up, up to her neck with just her head sticking out. I can pull the top rail to just under her armpits so she can move her arms, hold a toy, etc.

That said, she also loves being high on my back in the mei tai...she can see everything and I think she loves that at her age, even though she doesn't have much movement for her arms, etc.

Frogmama 11-02-2012 08:26 AM

I would go with the Beco Gemini. It can narrow for legs out now, not as bulky and can do back carries when baby is older:)

thtr4me 11-02-2012 06:11 PM

Well, what have you tried and what carries have you tried? That should help narrow down what baby does not like and help find you something that is more likely to work.

Mom2jandb 11-05-2012 03:01 PM

I would go with a ring sling because it takes minimal fiddling to get baby in. The longer it takes to get set up, the fussier baby gets, right?

alexaE 11-10-2012 08:25 PM

Moby wrap!

L J 11-12-2012 09:21 PM

Four month olds are hard! They want to see everything that is going on, but they aren't big enough to see from a back carry position in any of the soft structured carriers and being on the front just isn't as much fun for them, IME.

I like to wear babies that age in a high back carry in a carrier that I feel comfortable putting them in and getting them very tight and secure. This could be a wrap or a mei tai, but if you don't have any experience with wraps I think a mei tai has a much smaller learning curve.

Knowing what you have tried and not like and why you feel that your lo doesn't like being worn would help with making suggestions. But, when mine were that age they were happy if they were up high and could see.

sambelina 11-14-2012 12:40 PM

What have you been using? I love ring slings, but a wrap is very versatile. You could do a secured high back carry and then lo could see. You could also use the wrap to just do a quick hip carry.