Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Suggestions for a Newbie (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459239)

ect876 10-31-2012 09:04 AM

Suggestions for a Newbie

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place!
I have an almost 2 year old and another due early Feb. We didn't consider CD's earlier with out 2 year old since we were living in apartment with no washer. We are now in a house with a W/D in the basement!
I was hoping to start cloth with the new baby but was planning on keeping my toddler in diapers till he potty trains. He's been having trouble with bad diaper rashes- on top of this 90% of nights he wakes up dry in the morning. I was thinking that CD'ing the toddler at night would be a nice way to keep him out of plastic for almost half the day while also being a good intro to cloth. My husband has been hesitant about cloth and I hope this also might be a good way to gently break him into the idea of using them FT with the new baby.
I have money left in my "sposie budget" this month that I was going to use to buy a few to get started. I would like to get some one size diapers but am not sure how they would fit my toddler who would be at the upper end of the weight limits- he's about 32 lbs now and very tall. Any ideas or suggestions as far as size or brand?
Thanks!

jojoreta 10-31-2012 10:47 AM

Hey mama, I have a large prestons pants..its orange but its dirty on the bum..my son wore it outside in the sprinkler and it got dirty when he plopped down. It's been washed, just a stain. I could send it to you with 2 microfiber inserts for like $3 to cover shipping. Other than the stain there is nothing wrong with it. The prestons pants Larges are big! My almost 2 year old is still on the inner most snap and the rise is great.

Also, fuzzibunz made sized diapers you could probably find some on fsot for pretty cheap that would fit him!!

yogamama28 10-31-2012 10:53 AM

I would probably get some sized Fuzzibunz. They are called Perfect Size. You can find them for sale on here or if you want the new for a good deal, there is a website that sells FB seconds for a discounted price. My dd's whole "small" stash is from the seconds website and are working fantastic.

MrsRicearoni 10-31-2012 11:24 AM

Re: Suggestions for a Newbie

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogamama28 (Post 15879698)
I would probably get some sized Fuzzibunz. They are called Perfect Size. You can find them for sale on here or if you want the new for a good deal, there is a website that sells FB seconds for a discounted price. My dd's whole "small" stash is from the seconds website and are working fantastic.

What's the website with the FB seconds?

yogamama28 10-31-2012 02:24 PM

I used fuzzibunzseconds.net and have had really good luck. The elastic broke on one and I sent it back and they fixed it for me. They seem to have great customer service.

yogamama28 10-31-2012 02:27 PM

I should add that I never could tell why they were seconds. They all seemed in first quality shape to me. A few were in discontinued styles but were otherwise perfect. It looks like they still have their buy 5 get 1 free special going on too.