Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   :( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459346)

cyanotype 10-31-2012 01:33 PM

:(

Disappointed. :( I bought a beautiful Girasiol wrap and its way to long to do anything with. I either have way too much fabric or I can not get the rails tight enough.

My phone thinks it smarter than me. Please pardon any mistakes.

thtr4me 10-31-2012 01:49 PM

Re: :(

What size and what carry are you trying? And how big/small are you? I know when I first started wrapping that a size 6 was way to much wrap for me. A size 5 worked so much better. Now after lots of experience, I love 6's just as much as, and maybe more than, my other size wraps.

I know it is frustrating, but it is possible to tame your long wrap!

cyanotype 10-31-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thtr4me
What size and what carry are you trying? And how big/small are you? I know when I first started wrapping that a size 6 was way to much wrap for me. A size 5 worked so much better. Now after lots of experience, I love 6's just as much as, and maybe more than, my other size wraps.

I know it is frustrating, but it is possible to tame your long wrap!

It's a 7. I've tried a back, side and hip carry. It just seems to go on and on and on. :p

thtr4me 10-31-2012 02:52 PM

For a front carry, a FWCC will use more wrap. Here is what I find helps me most with that carry. I would start with this one, and then once you have that down, move onto another carry (BWCC or Double Hammock). Without holding baby, I wrap place the wrap across my chest with the middle marker centered, then cross each pass behind me and bring over my shoulders. So I have 1/2 of a FWCC already done on me. Pull tight. Loosen just enough to get baby in, making sure to keep your shoulder passes nice and tight. Once baby is well positioned, take both passes in your hands. Cross over baby's legs, and meet your hands together with the passes under baby's butt. Swap passes so each hand now has the opposite side. Bring the passes under baby's legs and around to your back, making sure to keep pulling tight while you bring the wrap to your back. If you still have a ridonkulous amount of wrap left, swap hands with the passes at your back, and bring the passes back to your front, going over baby's legs. Tie a knot under bum.

I have a size 6 wrap that is on the long end of size 6, and I can FWCC wrapped around once and tied back under bum. And I have been known to ruck with a size 6, by doing a normal ruck, but instead of tying in front, I just continue to wrap all the way around and tie under bum.

And unless you are a really plus sized mama, a size 6 should be more than long enough. If you love love love the wrap, but just need it shorter, determine what size would work better for you, and have it hemmed down to a more manageable length.

Hope all that helps!

cyanotype 10-31-2012 04:58 PM

Yes!!! Thanks so much. I got a hip carry going atm which is tight and very comfy. :D I do have the ends tucked into my pockets though. :p

JennTheMomma 11-01-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thtr4me (Post 15880857)
For a front carry, a FWCC will use more wrap. Here is what I find helps me most with that carry. I would start with this one, and then once you have that down, move onto another carry (BWCC or Double Hammock). Without holding baby, I wrap place the wrap across my chest with the middle marker centered, then cross each pass behind me and bring over my shoulders. So I have 1/2 of a FWCC already done on me. Pull tight. Loosen just enough to get baby in, making sure to keep your shoulder passes nice and tight. Once baby is well positioned, take both passes in your hands. Cross over baby's legs, and meet your hands together with the passes under baby's butt. Swap passes so each hand now has the opposite side. Bring the passes under baby's legs and around to your back, making sure to keep pulling tight while you bring the wrap to your back. If you still have a ridonkulous amount of wrap left, swap hands with the passes at your back, and bring the passes back to your front, going over baby's legs. Tie a knot under bum.

I have a size 6 wrap that is on the long end of size 6, and I can FWCC wrapped around once and tied back under bum. And I have been known to ruck with a size 6, by doing a normal ruck, but instead of tying in front, I just continue to wrap all the way around and tie under bum.

And unless you are a really plus sized mama, a size 6 should be more than long enough. If you love love love the wrap, but just need it shorter, determine what size would work better for you, and have it hemmed down to a more manageable length.

Hope all that helps!

:thumbsup:

cyanotype 11-01-2012 05:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Poppins hip carry worked pretty well. :D I did it a few times again today. I'll keep working on them.
Thanks again for the great advice!!!

jrowens3224 11-02-2012 11:00 AM

That wrap is beautiful!

thtr4me 11-02-2012 05:41 PM

Your carry looks great! So glad you are getting it to work for you!