Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tandem Nursing...for how long? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459365)

jenmm 10-31-2012 02:01 PM

Tandem Nursing...for how long?

Those of you who tandem nursed, how old were your lo's when they weaned?

My dd is 22 months and my ds is 3 1/2. I'm tandem nursing. I don't know if my 2 will ever want to quit. :giggle:

VeganCupcake 10-31-2012 02:39 PM

Re: Tandem Nursing...for how long?

Yeah, I don't know when my elder nursling will wean. She loves her milkies!

Mine are 4 years old and 19 months old. So far, I'm fine with things as they are, though I do limit DD to only nursing before rest time and bedtime. A month or so ago, I cut out her wake-up nursing session--I was just ready for that one to be gone. I don't limit DS during the day, though he is partially night weaned.

aries416 10-31-2012 09:21 PM

I just finally got my 4 yr old weaned. She has been down to one nursing a day for a while, but I couldn't take it anymore. My 24 month old is no where near night weaned, but he has slowly nursed less during the day the last couple days. I don't limit him, but I am beyond ready for him to nurse less.

HeatherlovesCDs 11-01-2012 08:20 AM

Mine were twins twice. So, it doesn't count. :giggle:

Good job though!!

tibeca 11-01-2012 02:43 PM

This is my second time tandem nursing.
DD1 was 2 1/2 when DD2 was born. Weaned at 38 months
DD2 was 21 mos when DD3 was born. Still going, but its only been 3 months

Greenbabybottoms 11-10-2012 06:11 PM

My older 2 girls are almost exactly 2 years apart, my middle is almost exactly 3 years apart from my baby. I tandem nursed my oldest and my middle dd for 2 1/2 years (so my oldest was 4 1/2 when she weaned-actually when I was about 6 months pregnant with #3). My middle dd is 4 years old now and is still nursing so I have been tandem nursing this time for 15 months (today actually)

Sarah-B 11-11-2012 10:55 PM

So did everyone nurse through their pregnancies? I only ever thought I would nurse my dd who is now four months old until she was one year old because that is when we will try to conceive another baby. That would be so great if I could nurse her through my next pregnancy but I heard it causes miscarriage?

VeganCupcake 11-11-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah-B (Post 15923452)
So did everyone nurse through their pregnancies? I only ever thought I would nurse my dd who is now four months old until she was one year old because that is when we will try to conceive another baby. That would be so great if I could nurse her through my next pregnancy but I heard it causes miscarriage?

If you have no history of premature labor and don't show signs of cervical changes too early in pregnancy, there's very little risk in nursing through pregnancy. For most women, it's not a problem at all. It's not always easy to nurse during pregnancy, but it's not usually dangerous.