Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Destashing...FSOT, Re-diaper, or Ebay?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459370)

oneproudmommy 10-31-2012 02:15 PM

Destashing...FSOT, Re-diaper, or Ebay??

I'm considering doing a huge diaper destash and I'm wondering where to sell. I want to get the most money that I can so I kind of want to sell on FSOT. On the other hand places like Re-Diaper are so much more convenient. Where have you sold your diapers? Is one place better than the other?

mibarra 10-31-2012 02:59 PM

Re: Destashing...FSOT, Re-diaper, or Ebay??

I've only done FSOT. It's free to list and you can get better prices than re-Diaper depending on shipping. If you have any high demand stuff I'd sell it here or eBay.

lashon20 10-31-2012 03:03 PM

I would sell on here because when you're done paying paypal, ebay, and shipping fees it isn't even worth it. Not only that, but if you haven't sold a lot on ebay they hold your money for 3 or more days after the customer receives the item and you update with the tracking info.

badmisterkitty 10-31-2012 03:30 PM

I've sold in all of those ways and I loathe all of them. Selling fees, hand holding, finding shipping materials, the dreaded post office if necessary, taking pictures, all the back and forth just to set a pickup time, the CL flake outs, and on and on....

I've done "best" locally on CL. Ebay is nice because you can fix your price and set shipping costs. FSOT is nice to avoid fees, but I've never gotten top dollar on anything and seem to only sell a diaper here, a diaper there. I sold to rediaper a long, long time ago. it was more or less a FSOT transaction. All selling avenues are going to have positives and negatives, IMO. I guess it depends on how badly you want to move your diapers. Ebay is quickest with the widest audience. It took me over a month with listings in multiple locations to destash a huge amount of cloth diapers. I wanted top dollar, so I waited for the right buyer and resorted to ebay for the things I got zero bites on elsewhere.

ohgirlohboyohno 10-31-2012 03:47 PM

just FYI you need the FSOT seller badge to sell on here :thumbsup: (I noticed you didn't have one)

sw.eta 10-31-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno (Post 15881077)
just FYI you need the FSOT seller badge to sell on here :thumbsup: (I noticed you didn't have one)

Exactly! I wanted to sell my nb dipes here but because I don't have the badge I ended up selling them on e-bay and CL. And I must tell, even though prices here are usually higher but with e-bay auctions sometimes you can be very surprised - I had several identical lots with the same starting price and one of them sold for much more $$$ then the others. I would never sell this lot here for the same price ;)

papoosecaboose 10-31-2012 07:36 PM

It seems like the better known brands go higher on eBay. I generally save my BG's and Grovia's for that. The lesser known or WAHM brands can get really low-balled on eBay. I agree though, every option has negatives.

quinnNjesse 10-31-2012 08:37 PM

I'm hoping to do CL mostly when I sell but we shall see. Due to high Canadian shipping costs...