Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   wearing 8wk old in Boba (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459407)

crunchymom2b 10-31-2012 06:45 PM

wearing 8wk old in Boba

When using the newborn setting with the Boba, how exactly should they be positioned? I kind of have his bottom resting in the pocket created by snapping the waist piece up but his feet kind of hang out the bottom. I can't get him to fit any lower without that happening. Is this right or should I be sing the regular setting?

Abbie@Mom'sMilkBoutique 11-01-2012 08:01 AM

Re: wearing 8wk old in Boba

I always froggy the feet inside. You can also use a blanket in the bottom to prop up the butt to make him not so low.

crunchymom2b 11-01-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbie@Mom'sMilkBoutique (Post 15882685)
I always froggy the feet inside. You can also use a blanket in the bottom to prop up the butt to make him not so low.

His feet are too low but if I prop him his head will be too high. It already is on the higher side as is. Dumb question, but how exactly do you froggy a LO's legs? I thought I was doing it right but I must be doing something wrong to be getting such a poor fit. And he's a short kiddo so it's not that either. Can I wear him in the Bobawithout thenewborn setting?

Fither 11-01-2012 08:39 AM

I don't think a newborn fits in a boba without some sort of newborn setting. Our boba is a little over a year old and it says not for babies under 9 months I believe. Ours didn't come with a newborn option.

crunchymom2b 11-01-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fither (Post 15882827)
I don't think a newborn fits in a boba without some sort of newborn setting. Our boba is a little over a year old and it says not for babies under 9 months I believe. Ours didn't come with a newborn option.

The large waist panel snaps up to make the carrier shorter for newborns under 15lbs.

MamaRachel 11-01-2012 09:58 AM

Honestly I think the "newborn setting" on the Boba makes the body too short. I'd try it opened up with his legs froggied inside, and the top cinched to support his head. I'll try to find a good video/pic of a newbie froggied for you.

cbusbaby 11-01-2012 02:09 PM

I am trying to figure out the newborn hold too but I can't get past the step where I am supposed to reverse the buckles. Any one have better pictures of what that should look like or better instructions?

JennTheMomma 11-01-2012 03:32 PM

You can do one leg in one leg out (leg in would be froggied), some babies like that. If baby doesn't like being froggied you can put their legs out, and legs should be going towards your waist, not straight down. Depending on baby's age/height, he/she may like having legs out.