Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   When do you "End" trick or treating? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459448)

Subversive Cupcake 10-31-2012 10:10 PM

When do you "End" trick or treating?

Let me preface this by saying my kids are 2 years old and 10 months old. We didn't do a full trick or treating last year, just our next door neighbor's houses. So, we definitely don't have much experience with this...

We went over to a mom friend's house for Trick or Treating with our play group kids. All the kids are around the same age (within a couple of months), but we were the only ones to call it quits after about 30-45 minutes of ToTing, and head home. Was this too early?

The mom friend (the one who had everyone over) acted as if we were forcing my daughter to stop ToTing, and that it was just so sad that we were leaving.

DalesWidda 10-31-2012 10:12 PM

Re: When do you "End" trick or treating?

For that young of age, a half hour to an hour is plenty. What difference does it make to anyone else? LOL

luvsviola 10-31-2012 10:17 PM

We go around our block and that's it. DD is 5. She was the one that actually asked to go home. We use the pumpkin buckets from Target, and when hers is about 3/4 full, she is usually ready to quit. The buckets get kinda heavy for a little kid to carry, and she isn't about to let me carry it! We did about 30 from about 6-6:30ish. DS goes to bed at 7 since he gets up at the crack of dawn for preschool, and DD needed to practice violin, so the first time she said "I'm kinda tired." I was all over heading for home. It was cold here!

tmwmommy 10-31-2012 10:18 PM

Ours is only an hr long but dd was done after 40 minutes.

AcrossTheUniverse 10-31-2012 10:18 PM

My kids are 6, 5, 3, 2, and 11 months. We trick or treated for about an hour. We didn't have a plan, just figured we'd go until we got tired. It was all in our own neighborhood. We brought the stroller and my 11 month old rode in it the whole time, the 2 year old ended up in it at the very end. If either one of them had gotten fussy we would've ended it sooner, but they were all having a blast. I don't think there is really any set time, it just depends on the kids! :)

shortcake2386 10-31-2012 10:19 PM

we visit about 10 houses. we stop and chat though so its between 30 minutes and an hour total. the kids are way done by then and begging to go home. and thats with just the 6 year old walking. the 2 and 4 year olds are in a wagon and the 4 month old in the stroller

Subversive Cupcake 10-31-2012 10:20 PM

Some of the kids were being carried and the parents kept leading on. That's what I found very odd. If she can't walk she doesn't need more candy, right?!!

stevensmom 10-31-2012 10:20 PM

we go around the 3 culdesacs in our neighborhood and that's plenty for my 2 year old and my 5 year old. 5 year old probably could have gone longer. but really, do we need all that candy?!

katiecornflakes 10-31-2012 10:31 PM

We were out for about 40 min with a 3.5 yo and an 18 mo old (who was tired and in a back carry from the start!). We mostly walked, though. Maybe went to 10 houses. This is really the first year we've done it.

happysmileylady 10-31-2012 10:32 PM

My 2 yr old was done after going up the block and back down the other side. The 4 yr old though was good for like half an hour or so. They hit about 4 blocks DH said, and she had to hit EVERY house, whether their light was on or not.