Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Prenatal vitamins (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459509)

simplyleah87 11-01-2012 06:40 AM

Prenatal vitamins

Does anyone have recommendations of a natural/organic one, and one that won't upset my tummy?

I'm current taking flintstones gummies :p

abunchoflemons 11-01-2012 06:57 AM

Re: Prenatal vitamins

I would stay with what works. Not sure on organic. I just take store brand.

PBAki 11-01-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplyleah87 (Post 15882638)
Does anyone have recommendations of a natural/organic one, and one that won't upset my tummy?

I'm current taking flintstones gummies :p

Just my two cents on those gummies, they're very inferior in quality with hydrogenated oil. Not trying to make you barf but if you want quality I'd look into vitamins that are whole-foods based. Most of them you can take on an empty stomach and though the initial price maybe high, if you break down the price it only comes out to about $20-$30/month.

Garden of Life, Megafood, etc are some that I can think of.

And you can take whole foods vitamins on an empty stomach without upsetting your stomach :)

SpartyGuard 11-01-2012 09:33 AM

I don't think they are organic but I'm taking Rainbow Light Prenatal Petite. They're whole-food based and have lots of good digestion happy stuff in them. I've felt pretty good on them so far.

sisu 11-01-2012 10:45 AM

New Chapter Perfect Prenatals were the *only* vitamin that didn't come back up instantly for me. I'm a big fan. :)

knittingk 11-01-2012 11:09 AM

Not sure about a natural organic one but I started taking Deva vegan multivitamin and mineral prenatal. I figured out with my first I always have to take my prenatals right before bed or they upset my stomach (it did not matter which type I took).

Palooka 11-01-2012 11:54 AM

I struggled with this, as anything but gummies made me ralph. But in hindsight I don't know why I didn't just use a mortar and pestle and grind some good organic prenatals, since I was crazy about having everything else be "organic and natural." I don't see why you couldn't mash them and mix with yogurt or applesauce. I'm sure you lose a little bit that way, but certainly it's better than losing them to an upset tummy!

4dramamama 11-01-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpartyGuard
I don't think they are organic but I'm taking Rainbow Light Prenatal Petite. They're whole-food based and have lots of good digestion happy stuff in them. I've felt pretty good on them so far.

Great suggestion! Aren't these three a day though? Might be harder on some mamas to remember. Not knocking the suggestion. Just thinking.

EmilyA874 11-01-2012 01:59 PM

I really really like my Rainbow Light Prenatal One vitamins, been taking them since we started TTC DD in 2009/10ish! I don't know if they are organic, but they are whole food based :) Hope that helps!

Done at 3 11-01-2012 02:11 PM

I was very happy with the rainbow light prenatal one. They are one pill per day. I started with their complete prenatal but they were 6 pills broken up into 2 or 3 doses a day and I just couldn't keep up with them. I felt just as good taking the one a day.