Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Struggles & Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   How to prep for my FET tomorrow and more questions (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459532)

Love4leon 11-01-2012 08:45 AM

How to prep for my FET tomorrow and more questions

Tomorrow is my long-awaited FET!!! I would love a list of foods or strategies that might help it to be successful- I have read that pineapple helps with implantation- also that warm foods are good. Any other suggestions?

Anyone have some ideas for good shows to watch on Netflix while I am on bed rest? I am nearly done with Raising Hope- so I need something else. Also- when they say bed rest- should I be laying on my back the whole time? They suggest putting my feet up- so for the first day should I be laying in bed with my feet up on a pillow?

Thanks for any help!

ingrid5699 11-01-2012 09:47 AM

Re: How to prep for my FET tomorrow and more questions

FWIW after NONE of my successful transfers did I do any kind of bedrest. But it's a won't hurt might help kind of thing so feel free to still do it. I ate pineapple with my June cycle and this last one and both implanted so might have helped. LOTS of IVF baby dust from me!!!!!!!!!!

finleyjudemommy 11-01-2012 11:08 AM

Hmmmm~ I don't really have any shows that I can suggest....I just browse until I find something I like.

I have no idea about what to or not to eat...I've heard about the pineapple but never did that with any of my million FET's. I would say that you just eat whatever you feel like you want...:)

Have magazines ready, computer, phone, tv remote and try to get up as little as possible. Not sure how much that will technically help either because I always questioned myself as to if I got up too much or not. I pray that you have someone very helpful around that will get anything and everything for you that your heart desires!

Talk to the embryos too! I did....again, can't hurt anything :giggle2:

I will have my fingers and everything crossable crossed for you!! :lostit:

carriek38 11-01-2012 01:44 PM

No suggestions on the food & bedrest from me, just :hugs: & happy thoughts.

As for TV, what do you like? I've whipped through Downton Abbey, Switched at Birth, Pretty Little Liars, hmmm...I think White Collar is on Netflix, too.

I watch a lot of Hulu+; most of our kid's shows are on Netflix, but I could certainly find more, I think.

Love4leon 11-01-2012 04:40 PM

Ingrid- Do you think bed rest can cause problems? I have read a lot and I guess some suggest no bed rest to increase the blood flow to the uterus. My RE says bed rest... I guess I will do what he says. Did you do the whole- eat McDonalds fries, wear green, etc??? Where is Heather!?! She is suppose to tell me what to do ;)

Susan- Thanks so much! I hope that I can enjoy some time of rest ;)

Carrie- I love Downton Abbey- I haven't heard of Switched at birth- is it a reality show? My favorite shows are Deadwood, Doc Martin, Shameless, Torchwood, Parks and Recreation...
Any suggestions?

Vegan Princess 11-01-2012 05:03 PM

I'm so freaking excited for you!!!!!!

Cindy

mcmorley 11-01-2012 05:20 PM

No advice for the FET but I wanted to wish you good luck and send sticky vibes!

I like parenthood. The episodes are available online through NBC.com.

sasra_nu 11-01-2012 05:47 PM

Best of luck!! Will be thinking of you and looking for good news from you in the next couple weeks. :hugs: :babydust: I know this has been a long time coming for you!

amyltc 11-01-2012 06:03 PM

Good luck!!!!

carriek38 11-01-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love4leon (Post 15885054)
Carrie- I love Downton Abbey- I haven't heard of Switched at birth- is it a reality show? My favorite shows are Deadwood, Doc Martin, Shameless, Torchwood, Parks and Recreation...
Any suggestions?

No, I don't really do reality shows. It's an ABCFamily crap teen drama. I'm totally hooked on those types of shows :blush: Oh, Supernatural is on netflix...there are, like, 8 seasons by now or something.