Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   noooo tooth turning gray :( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459713)

galesville1980 11-01-2012 05:20 PM

noooo tooth turning gray :(

My ds 3.5 hit his mouth and knocked his two bottom teeth loose..dentist said they could turn gray and i see the one is starting too. Anyone have this happen and fix it? Im crushed we are crazy about dental hygiene and i know we could not prevent this due to trauma to the teeth but i dont want my child to have a gray tooth...help!

chandni3 11-01-2012 05:26 PM

Re: noooo tooth turning gray :(

That happened when I was little. It turned back normal after a few days, but my mom prayed a lot about it :)

galesville1980 11-01-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chandni3 (Post 15885200)
That happened when I was little. It turned back normal after a few days, but my mom prayed a lot about it :)

The damage happened a few weeks ago and now tooth is going gray..im worried it will just keep getting more gray!? Better start to pray i guess lol!

somo_chickenlady 11-01-2012 05:44 PM

Sorry! At least it is just a baby tooth. Did the dentist say if his permanent tooth will be grey also?

Erinne 11-01-2012 06:04 PM

That happened to me when I was little and it stayed grey until it fell out, which was a few years later. My adult tooth is fine and there's no long term damage.

s@hmommy 11-01-2012 06:07 PM

DD's did this after she fell and hit it. It turned grey a few days later but has since gotten a lot lighter in color. You can't tell now unless you really look for it.

katengrace 11-01-2012 06:08 PM

I got kicked in the mouth when I was about 5 and one of my top front teeth turned gray. It stayed gray until it fell out a couple years later.

galesville1980 11-01-2012 06:10 PM

It is very light and like pp said only if u look for it. I pray it will just stay light...ugh.

Jen's_4 11-01-2012 07:28 PM

That happened to my DD a few months ago. Sometimes they stay gray...but sometimes they clear up. My DD's cleared up!!! I'm so happy!! GL to you!

Aubrey<3Gavin 11-01-2012 07:56 PM

This happened to me when I was about 8. My permanent front tooth was nearly knocked out by a softball. My tooth did turn gray and remained so about a month or more! We were worried it would always be gray. But it is fine now. Not quite as white as the others, but something only I would notice. Oh, and the enamel is kinda gone from it, so if I eat something with really string food coloring (particularly blue!) it stains y tooth for a few hours. :giggle:

ISO......BG 4.0 in aplix