Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   "feeling" your workout afterwards (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459860)

krispy79 11-02-2012 08:58 AM

"feeling" your workout afterwards

For the past few weeks I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30 ds, the first 10 days I really felt it, but not so much anymore.
I am wondering if I am slacking a little or not pushing myself. Do you still feel your work out after the first few weeks, or if regularly?
Way back when I use to run I don't recall ever really feeling it, not for more than an our or so. And up until about 6-8 years ago I was fit and strong, but I have let myself go and had 2 children.i just feel I should be sore. Thoughts?

JayJaysMama 11-02-2012 09:19 AM

Re: "feeling" your workout afterwards

I would push a little harder!!
Also level 2 seemed easier for me than 1
and then level three was INTENSE!

Lol! It varies from person to person.

Also the lack of soreness doesn't mean you didn't get a good workout.
It means there isn't any lactic acid present.
You might not be fatiguing the muscles you are using which causes that burn or soreness you spoke of.

If you are moving on to the different levels and still not having results, (that you were expecting) I would add to your workouts.

Maybe do the workout twice, or just once and add 50 pushups, 100 jumping jacks, and 50 sit ups.

Anything to fatigue yourself!
Remember the more fit you get, the more it'll take to truly see results.

snugsboutique 11-02-2012 09:07 PM

Seems like you've developed a risistence, If you were weight training this is where you would 'up your weights'. KWIM? Maybe push a little harder or as the second poster mentioned maybe skipping to faze 3 of the workout trilogy for increased intensity.

kimb96 11-04-2012 01:25 PM

It's probably because you are doing the same thing every day. That is why it is important to mix it up. I take a cycling class once a week, step aerobics twice a week and a weight lifting class once a week. I do feel like I worked out every time I go for the most part but in different ways. I can feel it in the quads after my cycling class. In step aerobics, we do a differnt routine every class. If we do alot of squats, I can feel it in my butt. If we do pushups, I feel it in my chest and arms. I pretty much feel like I've been run over by a truck after the weight lifting class because i am pathetically weak and haven't lifted weights in years.

It sounds like you have hit a plateau with your workout and you may need to change it up. You can find all kinds of exercise stuff on you tube if you are working out at home. You can do different things without buying a bunch of different videos.