Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In June (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Howd you announce?!? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459924)

newcdmommy29 11-02-2012 12:14 PM

Howd you announce?!?

I'm due June 13th with baby number 2. My daughter turns 2 on June 2nd. I've had 2 previous miscarriages and feel a bit nervous about this pregnancy. I am going to my midwife on the 14th and hopefully we will hear a heart beat that day. We will be announcing after we hear a heart beat. What ideas do you have for me for making announcements? With my daughter we took her ultrasound picture and put a Santa hat on it for our Christmas card. :) what ideas do you have for me?

Leaner 11-02-2012 05:42 PM

Re: Howd you announce?!?

We haven't announced yet. I'm looking for fun ideas for Facebook.

JaylasMommy 11-02-2012 07:06 PM

My daughter wrote "I am going to be a big sister!" on a piece of paper. I posted about her handwriting being so good. People caught on quickly. :) My daughter is 6, though.

gingerpeachee 11-03-2012 12:32 AM

We're putting it in the Christmas Cards which will go out right after Thanksgiving!

Leaner 11-03-2012 09:41 AM

We'll put it in the CHristmas cards, too, it'll say "someone new in June 2013" or something like that. I'm thinking of using the picture to announce as well, but we'll announce in person at Thanksgiving to the whole family. And Facebook will get it right after. But it. is. so. hard. to. keep. quiet!
MY mom called today to "check on me and was being all "sneaky" saying "is everything the same as it has been" and "nothing has changed, right?" LOL It was cute. She's one of the few folks that knows in my family.

lindsayncadence 11-04-2012 01:32 PM

We have not told many people yet. Although MIL has took it upon herself to tell some (ugh). I am doing something I am thankful for each day on facebook so on the last day I will be 12 weeks, I will post something about being thankful for being DONE with the first trimester :)

willownz 11-04-2012 02:06 PM

I will announcing with a U/S picture. Only my husband and kids know so far.

willownz 11-04-2012 02:07 PM

And I am due 1 day behind you and my midwife appointment is today.

Keropisunshine23 11-04-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsayncadence (Post 15895194)
We have not told many people yet. Although MIL has took it upon herself to tell some (ugh). I am doing something I am thankful for each day on facebook so on the last day I will be 12 weeks, I will post something about being thankful for being DONE with the first trimester :)

:woot: Hi there!

newcdmommy29 11-05-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willownz
And I am due 1 day behind you and my midwife appointment is today.

So how'd your midwife appt go?!?