Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Babywearing (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Best Carrier for Daddy & Infant? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1460009)

Xythnia 11-02-2012 04:23 PM

Best Carrier for Daddy & Infant?

Title says it all! :thumbsup:

I love my ring slings but I think dad will be more comfortable in something more structured. He does NOT like the idea of a wrap from himself - too much material. The newbie is only 7wks so front carries for now. Hoping he can have it as another option when I return to work in 30days :cry:

I was looking at the Beco Butterfly II, Gemini, Ergo, Boba 3G or just a general Mei Tai (if DH can deal with the super-long straps :headscratch:). The less fuss the better. Finally, we are both on the larger side (though not huge by any means) so it has to fit!

Thanks in Advance!
:goodvibes:

juliasmom 11-02-2012 04:47 PM

IME men feel most manly in something like an Ergo in solid colors :giggle:

mercymay 11-02-2012 04:49 PM

Re: Best Carrier for Daddy & Infant?

i found on little seedlings there is a ktan wrap its called there on ebay also

starbeam 11-02-2012 05:24 PM

i like the ergo :) the cranberry color is nice for both genders

lynn97 11-02-2012 05:54 PM

I think the Ergo is good for Dads too, but the Boba 3G is easier to adjust. I had a Dad at my farmer's market recommend the Boba to me while wearing it.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

thtr4me 11-02-2012 06:05 PM

My DH is a total Mei Tai guy. I got him some buckly things to try, and he did not care for them at all. Went right back to his MT. He prefers MT's with wider straps like the old BBO's (Ball Baby Overall).

I think that Babies R Us carriers both the Ergo and the Infantino MT. Do you have one nearby that you can go to try the two types? Or maybe a local babywearing group would have a lending library with an SSC and an MT you could borrow. Once you narrow down whether it is buckles or straps, you can find a carrier that he likes and will wear.

My DH prefers a blue and green striped wrap conversion BBO to every other carrier we have, including fairly plain MT's, and a solid colored BBO.

Xythnia 11-03-2012 01:48 AM

Thanks for the recommendations! I think I will try to have him hit Zoolikins, which is a local CD/Natural Parenting shop nearby. They do babywearing classes and said they would let him try on the carriers with their stunt baby doll *lol* to find what he prefers.

I made the mistake of having him behind me as I looked on Amazon. He saw the Boba 3G "Diaper Dudes" edition and wants it because it is cool and he can get a matching diaper bag for it... :giggle2:

JennTheMomma 11-03-2012 06:00 PM

My Dh is a Boba guy.

slimy72 11-04-2012 10:34 AM

My dh loves his ergo. My SIL makes and sells custom Mei Ties and for her hubby she mde him a custom out of his choice of fabric and she does custom strap lengths as well for those who need it. Even though dh already has a solid color ergo I may order him a custom from SIL for our next one. I'm also loving the camo boba, dh would love that. I've been looking at carriers lately even though I have no reason to use one since my boy is now almost 5 and 50lbs, but hey a girl can dream, and I already decided the next time I get to buy a carrier it will be a dh color since he uses my cranberry ergo as his, but also has no problem using my bright pink ergo.

Liadan23 11-05-2012 12:15 PM

we have a bbII in metro black that dh uses. we've been using it for dd since she was maybe 4 weeks old (with the infant insert). we used it for ds from when he was about 1 yr until 2.5 yrs. now we have a plain, navy blue toddler kinderpack for him. dh likes them both. he would not go for a wrap or a mei tai. i have a ring sling, but he's not a fan. he used it, in the house only, a handful of times with ds before we got the bbII. but the lack of buckles confuses him :p it's just how he rolls. he wears the kids pretty frequently though, now that we've got carriers that he likes. dd, several times a week, almost every day. ds only on long outings, but at 3 yrs old, ds doesn't like to be worn for long :)