Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   If you think you're pregnant... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1460055)

mamatoclaire 11-02-2012 07:54 PM

...but all your pregnancy tests are negative, what do you do? And I don't mean like "my boobs are sore" or "I just feel pregnant" kind of thing, I actually think I feel kicking. The past month or two I've thought I felt flutters, but passed it off. Tonight I feel stronger kicks, it's been about an hour and a half. When I press my fingers into my lower abdomen I feel pushing against them. What else could it be? We aren't even TTC right now. We were briefly, but then DH took a new job offer and we decided to wait because of insurance issues...anyway. We've been using condoms since late July. And besides that, I've had 3 PERIODS since the last time we had unprotected sex. I haven't noticed any pregnancy symptoms...not at all like with DD. But I have had several vivid dreams of getting positive tests and of feeling a baby moving. What do I do? Go to a doctor? Will they just think I'm crazy? I'm peeing on an FRER and a digi in the morning, but every wondfo and $tree test has been negative. Am I just crazy? I always laughed at that "I didn't know I was pregnant" show. Maybe I'll try to get a blood test and see if a dr will examine me. I'd love an ultrasound just so I would know for sure either way, but I don't know if they'd do that, or if insurance would cover it if I'm not pregnant. Ugh. This is stressing me out!! I haven't said anything to DH because I don't know what to say.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum

keen1981 11-02-2012 07:58 PM

Re: If you think you're pregnant...

Gas can do exactly what you describe. I've seen it and felt it, myself.

A simple vaginal exam woud show a pregnancy far enough along (if you were feeling kicks) but really I doubt you are preggo :/

mamatoclaire 11-02-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keen1981

A simple vaginal exam woud show a pregnancy far enough along (if you were feeling kicks) but really I doubt you are preggo :/

Thanks, that's what I've thought it was before but tonight was so much stronger. Idk guess I'll wait and see. Seems unfair that our bodies can trick us :/

lynn97 11-02-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keen1981

I agree. I have sworn many times that I feel kicks even though I know I am not pregnant. It's just one of those weird inks mamas who have been pregnant feel.

Palooka 11-02-2012 08:29 PM

A few months ago I sent my poor hubby out to CVS at 1am to buy a pregnancy test. The cause? A twitchy uterus. This never happened before I had a baby, but occasionally my uterus gets tickled just right and it feels EXACTLY like baby kicks. Now when it happens I just put my hand there and reminisce about being pregnant with my son. *sigh*

mamatoclaire 11-02-2012 08:56 PM

Thanks ladies. Glad I didn't tell hubby anything. At least I'm not the only one!

crunchymamaNY 11-02-2012 08:56 PM

Only a blood test would confirm true results. Heck, there have been people who get neg on home tests for whatever reason. I'm sure it'll ease your mind if you got blood tests done.

abunchoflemons 11-02-2012 09:32 PM

We were ttc but ended up with 3rd on way. Total mystery cuz we don't remember dtd around the time & all. So could be & u are like me & blood is only real way to know. Although I had people in my first month ask if I was this 3rd time.....

AleahDeann 11-05-2012 08:20 PM

I dont know, I would ask for a blood test.

mamatoclaire 11-05-2012 08:40 PM

I haven't felt anything since, so I think it must have been gas. Pretty bizarre, I have to say.