Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Does anyone really go birth to potty in one size? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1460071)

TrennaII 11-02-2012 09:20 PM

Does anyone really go birth to potty in one size?

And if you did, what did you use?

And how did you get past the prenatal jitters that your OS wasn't going to fit your wee one?

teacherpippi 11-02-2012 09:28 PM

Re: Does anyone really go birth to potty in one size?

I voted "No, we use newborns and then one-sized" but that's not quite accurate.

-Newborn
-One-sized (usually covers and prefolds)
-Toddler diapers (my girls have chunky thighs and one-sized doesn't fit

regenolds 11-02-2012 09:34 PM

I probably could have made one size fit my 9 pounders but newborn diapers are so fun! I still love my diaper rite and cloth-eeze newborn prefolds and thirsties duo covers. Even at 9 pounds they still had chicken legs so I'm glad I didn't have to make them fit though.(the one size)

abunchoflemons 11-02-2012 09:39 PM

I have smaller os & bigger os. I did cd with first but tried on (50 to 60 lbs) & 10 snap with overlap snap seem to be fine( elasticschange too not just with snaps..

breefawn 11-02-2012 09:50 PM

I voted "yes". Softbums. HOWEVER (to be completely honest)...we switched to Flips for our move from TX to MI (a month ago), and then had some other issues, so we're actually using trainers (PLing right now, actually) and Flips for night. But I LOOOVE my Softbums. They're amazing. No leaks, trim fit, cute prints. SNAPS all the way ;) FWIW: we used echo for day and double stuffed omnis for night. DS NEVER woke up wet. :wub: Now if I could just find the box they're in....

qsefthuko 11-02-2012 09:57 PM

I voted sized. We used traditional sized infant prefolds for the nb stage and then to premium diapers. After only a few weeks in those we switched to GMD toddler (green edge)diapers because of width. My son had a 22"-23" waist by the time he was 4 months old. Since we pin and snappi no way were the 13" wide premium diapers going around him. Now he is down to a 21" waist and fits nicely width wise in the large or brown edge GMD prefolds but really could use the length of the medium or red edge GMD prefolds. We use shorties or longies as covers so no one size on covers either. Although I did make some upcycled longies for him last year that fit nicely this year. They were long on him then and fit perfectly now.

m&m&m 11-02-2012 10:52 PM

Yep --SoftBums (still fits my 3.5 to toddler and fit my now 8 month baby from birth)

BirthdayMama 11-02-2012 11:10 PM

I said no, newborns and then OS, but actually DD1 outgrew her BGOS from about 9-14 months, and I had to buy pfs and flats to get her through until she slimmed down enough to fit back into the OS.

ajbailey89 11-02-2012 11:11 PM

I did. BGEs fit both my girls from birth and DD PL'd in them.

tentrevival 11-02-2012 11:50 PM

One sized diapers (flips/econobums) were too big on my boys (one skinny, one chubby) until 16-18 lbs. we use two sizes. My system, AMP, and Medium & Large La Di Da