Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   If you got to choose what month to give birth, which would it be? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1460118)

crunchymamaNY 11-03-2012 06:39 AM

If you got to choose what month to give birth, which would it be?

I have 4 kids right now, and I've had them at various times (April, July, September, October), and I was thinking, when do you think is the very best month of the year to give birth and why?

Personally, I think May is the best. It's getting warm out, so you can go out and enjoy the weather right away with your new baby, get back in shape quicker since you now have all spring/summer to work on that, and your baby isn't totally bundled up to go outdoors. Also, cold/flu season should be done, so people are less likely to transmit their grossness to your newbie!

Yes, May seems perfect to me.:thumbsup:

JaylasMommy 11-03-2012 06:45 AM

I am partial to June. My daughter was born in June, and I am due at the end of May. I am going to love having my daughter's summer break off for maternity leave! And I fully expect to get back in shape too. Lots of fun days at the park!

moobiegirl 11-03-2012 07:02 AM

Re: If you got to choose what month to give birth, which would it be?

I'm a teacher so May is ideal. My last baby was born 4/30 and I had to go back to work for the last week of school. (Admin wouldn't approve an extension to my leave :banghead:) I'm pregnant with my 2nd July baby. Last time I returned to work the first week of school, since that was the 6th week and it wasn't right that I would miss such a critical week for my students. This time I'm hoping my bean decides to come at the end of June so that I can have a decent amount of time to spend with them before work starts up.

KelseyH 11-03-2012 09:01 AM

We only have one and one on the way, but DS was born in May and this LO is due mid-April. Personally I think both of those times are great. DS was born May 21, and it was starting to get pretty hot and uncomfortable, but it wasn't terrible. I just spent most of the summer cooped up inside. But it was a great season to be pregnant :)

kanga1622 11-03-2012 10:15 AM

DS was born in March and that was fantastic. DH was off for summer break right when I was done with my maternity leave so DS didn't have to go to daycare until he was 5.5 months old. DH also got a lot of time to experience baby time by himself which would not have happened much otherwise.

We'll see how June goes with this current pg. DH will be on summer break so we should get about 6 weeks for all 4 of us to be home together.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum

Tina5834 11-03-2012 11:23 AM

I choose October and November. I like bundled up babies and the winters are so nice here that you can still go outside.

bumminbeachbabe 11-03-2012 11:27 AM

My oldest was a May baby. My only complaint is that once it gets warm it stinks snuggling a newborn.

My second was end of December. Snuggles are awesome, but we had family that didn't use their brains and would show up sick to see him.

This one is due three first week of May, but will probably join us in April. Maybe I'll like this a bit better.

Nightowl Jan 11-03-2012 11:36 AM

I am a stay at home mom so with isn't an issue, so I like the month of September. It is starting to get cold, you can snuggle up with your NB and then when the baby is starting to crawl and cruise...then walk..its end of winter and spring and you can take your moving baby outside since at that age they just want to explore. You are not stuck in side because its nice out. ....at least in the Midwest it works out that way.

RachelFlores 11-03-2012 12:43 PM

I think the best time to have a baby in Texas would be Feb. or March. It is cold outside when you are at your most uncomfortable and hottest pregnancy wise. The weather is usually great when you first want to start going out, and then your baby is old enough to go to the pool when summertime hits. I also like that they wont be the youngest or oldest in their school class, but somewhere nice and in the middle.

I personally think the WORST months to have a baby in Texas are August and September and I should know since have two September babies. It is HOT and miserable for that last trimester and then you have to deal with them being the youngest or oldest in their grade, both of which have issues associated with them. The weather at least is nice once you are ready to go out with your newborn.

So, why did I have two September babies? The first I didn't know any better and the second I thought it would take a couple of months for me to get pregnant and ended up getting pregnant as soon as we started trying.

It is interesting to see everyone's different perspectives. :)

JoeysMomma 11-03-2012 01:13 PM

Re: If you got to choose what month to give birth, which would it be?

I live in Florida ( so no snow, etc). My kids were born in March and December. March was nice. December was hectic because of Christmas.
I think I'd like to try October. :giggle: