Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Nausea getting worse? :( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1460139)

Hellga 11-03-2012 08:17 AM

Nausea getting worse? :(

11w2d today. Until the past week, I had thrown up once and aside from that, my nausea was manageable with lots of peppermint. This week, I've thrown up six times! I can't look in the fridge or freezer without gagging! Is there any kind of medical explanation y'all know of for this? And anything I can do besides suck on these stupid mints? Ginger tastes soooo bad to me, and my ins doesn't cover any maternity so no zofran :( it wouldn't be so bad but I work at Aldi and all I do all day is look at food! :( :(

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Steph Ed 11-03-2012 08:57 AM

Re: Nausea getting worse? :(

Surge of hormones!! One reason I've never been good with birth control! I have two children already and was a bit nauseated with my daughter but not with my son. This baby was a surprise (my youngest is 8!) and I was sick as a dog and tired for about a month and a half. I would puke every time I cooked raw meat, or brush my teeth, etc.... But I will say this usually tapers off around 13 weeks or so.....the nausea and tiredness.

I would ask doc if he has any samples of anti nausea stuff or can write a script for a generic med....maybe it won't cost that much. You can call around and ask prices. You would be surprised at the range of prices pharmacies charge for the same Meds.

ChloeNAydensmom 11-03-2012 01:06 PM

There is an anti nausea liquid sold in places such as Walmart (probably even at regular pharmacies but I've only gotten in from Walmart) it's called Emetrol but you can get the store brand which is labeled anti nausea liquid

teacherpippi 11-03-2012 01:18 PM

Mine is always worse 10-14 weeks despite everyone telling me it should be better at 12 weeks.

mrspopo 11-03-2012 06:23 PM

Ive had horrible nausea but have been doing great the last few weeks. Only throwing up 5 or 6 times a week. The zofran helps.

But all of a sudden on thursday (13 weeks) i went into nausea overdrive. For 24 hours i was puking every 20 or 30 minutes and couldnt keep anything down. I got back from the hospital this morning and im feeling better but not 100%. I think it was a hormone surge. They couldnt find anything wrong with me

Mom2ManyBlessings 11-03-2012 07:56 PM

Unisom, 1/2 a pill. Works awesome!

Sent from my phone, excuse any typos. :)

crunchymamaNY 11-03-2012 08:02 PM

You may have a vit B deficiency and should talk to your OB or midwife about it. Usually by week 12-13, the nausia subsides. Good luck!!

Oh, and I've heard of using magnetic bracelets to help with nausia as well, and there is actually pregnancy suckers (preggo pops?) that help with nausia as well.

vicky 11-03-2012 08:09 PM

I am 30 weeks now, but threw up 5-6 times a day from about 6 weeks until 24 when I tested positive for gestational diabetes. Once meeting with the nutritionist and gd nurse and getting my eating habits on par with gd, I haven't thrown up or been nauseas since. I am not saying that's what's wrong, I think its pretty normal to be sick that early, but I wish I had tested earlier. Also, zofran worked well for me for a while. The other thing is to make sure you always eat protein when eating carbs and not to let yourself get too hungry. It sounds weird, but the hungrier you get, the worse it gets, then you get into a nasty cycle.

iwiamandaiwi 11-05-2012 12:07 PM

my nausea has been rediculous from six weeks on. I am on the first day of my second trimester and I swear it is getting worse :( I've already had to go to the ER for fluids and none of the medication for anti-nausea works for me. It used to be the only time I was not nauseous or puking was when i was sleeping but now even that is not safe. I wake up in the middle of the night now and have to run to the bathroom. I puked on my bedroom floor the other day because I couldn't make it. I can't keep anythig down and honestly the thought of eating food makes me vomit. nothig sits well in my stomache and its torture :( I am so grateful for this baby but that doesn't make it any easier to bear this, its AWEFUL!!!

ingrid5699 11-06-2012 01:11 AM

I have hyperemesis and mine always peaks between 9-14w. My insurance doesn't covr Zofran either (which is all kinds of ridiculous because without I'd be in the hospital with them paying everything!) but thankfully we are able to afford it out of pocket. Definitely try the Unisom-it just might make enough of a difference for you.