Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   relieve stuffy nose suggestions (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1460151)

abunchoflemons 11-03-2012 10:09 AM

relieve stuffy nose suggestions

I get stuffy nose when seasons change. I normally use cough drops with menthol to helpwith being able to breathe. Drainage....but can't use when pregnant. Regular cough drops do nothing. I tried honey for drainage I get as well again temporary & hard to get down..help!

I drink hot coco, tea, cider & only get very little relief. Pretty dry air in house as well ( story).

abunchoflemons 11-03-2012 10:10 AM

Re: relieve stuffy nose suggestions

Oh we have 2 humidifiers & when I yawn I get more drainage& eyes water......gggrrrr

Christylkeller 11-03-2012 10:16 AM

Try a neti pot and steamy shower with some eucalyptus EO in the bottom of shower. Hope you can get some relief fast!

evasimone 11-03-2012 01:50 PM

I second the Neti pot and I also recommend hot water with honey and a lemon slice. Why can't you have menthol cough drops during pregnancy? I've never heard of that.

You have my sympathies I've been dealing with a stuffy and runny nose since I got pregnant. It's so irritating! And I've opted to not take anything besides natural stuff.

abunchoflemons 11-03-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evasimone (Post 15891558)
I second the Neti pot and I also recommend hot water with honey and a lemon slice. Why can't you have menthol cough drops during pregnancy? I've never heard of that.

You have my sympathies I've been dealing with a stuffy and runny nose since I got pregnant. It's so irritating! And I've opted to not take anything besides natural stuff.

I asked ob & list of things I could use my cough drops with menthol isn't on it.
I usually go through a big bag fairly fast but it works when I can. I also have small nose so blowing not always work to get junk out.

Its nice to know I'm not the only one miserable.

abunchoflemons 11-03-2012 02:33 PM

I will try anything for help. Thanks.

AniMommy 11-03-2012 05:41 PM

I use saline spray. I spend the big bucks for the one in the metal can because it has a really fine mist that can really go up into the sinuses. It clears everything out.

mommycass 11-03-2012 07:26 PM

Hot showers help me and I've been drinking hot mint tea with honey. At night is the worst for me:/ I've heard drinking 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp honey in 8oz. Hot water several times throughout the day and before bed can help. I tried it once so can't say if it really helps or not. I'm going to get a nettipot soon:) Hope you find relief!

abunchoflemons 11-03-2012 08:27 PM

I have a small nose so I have to use syringe with the rinses and that feels odd to shove warm water up my nose. I can't wait to try some of the other things. Honey alone was just hard to swallow. I go through lots of tea, coco, and cider. Anything else that I should try besides the mentioned?

smazourek 11-30-2012 12:37 PM

You could try peppermint oil. Get the best quality you can afford and dab some on the roof of your mouth and under your nostrils. A little goes a long way! Peppermint oil is very potent and can burn if you use too much.