Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Hospital Bags!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1460187)

Sarahknavy 11-03-2012 11:46 AM

Hospital Bags!!

I wanted to get started on these lists before the holidays... I have a commitment not to do any organization til after Christmas and I am going to be super busy afterward organizing things that I really want to have this list done before. I also have to do a list of things to pack in a bag for my son in case he has to spend the time at a friends house we don't have any family around so any helpful tips would be great.

loveramongstars 11-03-2012 01:45 PM

I was also thinking of my hospital bag too. I will be watching for tips!

Sent from my Inspire. Hope everything makes sense!

abunchoflemons 11-03-2012 08:53 PM

Re: Hospital Bags!!

I am a soon to be mom of 3 and I think last time I went in wearing my robe and pjs with boppy, a change of clothes, baby clothes, my "purse" type of stuff. I only live about 5 mins away from hospital so that helps. My mom was around to help. Depending on how long you stay I would say pj, clothes, and any toys he sleeps with, brush/ comb, and teeth brushing and I think all I would do for him again depending on his personality and who he would be staying with.... friend of his he maybe able to do just bathroom and underwear and they might supply extra clothes. we did that for a play date we had.

I think I will bring boppy, and one set of clothes for me and baby. cds if they let me and "purse stuff" since a few day stay. I have learned to pack light and all....

keen1981 11-03-2012 08:54 PM

YOU guys are thinking about hospital bags??? Eeeeekkkk!!! Lol. I better get my tush moving.. LOL!

Sarahknavy 11-03-2012 10:38 PM

Just making a list! I want to know what things I still need to buy!

keen1981 11-03-2012 10:43 PM

I have't even considered what to bring let along buy. Lol. I'm a minimalist and a procrastinator. Lol

Sarahknavy 11-04-2012 09:42 AM

We are about 45 min from the hospital and no family and not really any friend(except the one watching my son)... So I am trying to be over prepared. I also spent 5 days in the hospital with my first... I forget that is not normal.

abunchoflemons 11-04-2012 01:13 PM

I like being fewblocks away. If I forget something I just go get....my hubby does...lol.

gghmommy 11-04-2012 02:24 PM

I'm glad you started this! Although this is our second, we totally missed out on any hospital prep with the first. I went to the hospital at 26 weeks, with nothing! I was at my regular appt, so purse and water bottle, then to the closest hospital, then to a different hospital (this time via ambulance, so I don't even remember if I had my purse with me then. I did not have my clothes, since I was on an IV and the lovely hospital gown!!!! I know for me I want clothes! PJ's and comfy clothes! My folks will probably trade off keeping my LO or taking her to a friend for the day/ a few hours, so they'll take care of whatever she needs - what a relief! Things I wanted that I didn't have - toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, my soap/shampoo, razor (in hospital 10 days before delivery, then 6 afterwards), hairdryer (it was Nov/Dec), socks, shoes or slippers, Bible, notebook, camera, pillow... I think that's most of it. My hubby just needed clothes, his toiletries including contacts, pillow, computer... My folks were around, and my mom loved feeling useful to go get me whatever I wanted! Hope things go a little smoother this time! Please share your list, I know some things I may want will be different for others, so I love to see what ya'll are planning. thanks