Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   what should they get? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1460511)

galesville1980 11-04-2012 11:53 AM

My brothers baby is 8 months around 20 lb 28 inches long...they want a seat that will last them a few years. She drives an 07 Pontiac G6.....I said true fit/ my ride/ some kind of radian...thoughts? Sales? Thanks

galesville1980 11-04-2012 01:45 PM

Anyone?

canadianbakers 11-04-2012 02:02 PM

Re: what should they get?

I really love our Radian, so I'd definitely suggest that - at 8 months, if they got it for him, they're going to get a good many years use out of it. It would be the only seat they'd need (very likely) until he was old enough for a booster :thumbsup:

I haven't owned or used a true fit (though I like the looks of them in store... Ooo... and now I'm thinking about that for Babe... hmm... my DH will thank you :giggle: ), anyways, or a my ride (those are so wide, they look so comfy for baby but so big and possibly uncomfy to sit beside).
I have owned a scenera (great budget seat, but another seat would be needed to get to booster age) and the All-in-ones (just... don't bother, lol).

It really all depends on what they need (space wise), whether they're going to ERF (hopefully!), and how much $$ they're willing to spend.

luvsviola 11-04-2012 02:16 PM

My favorite seat of the many I've owned is the TrueFit. :) 35 pounds gets my kids to an age I feel fine about them FF. DS is 3.5 and only 32 pounds, and DD was 4 before she hit 35 pounds.

slimy72 11-04-2012 02:36 PM

It really depends on the size of the kid, is he big/small, tall and thin? ect, and what kind of car is it in? What are their RF goals? All of that matters in choosing a seat. There are lots of awesome convertibles out there. I love my radian because my kid is huge and tall, but it's a pain to install sometimes. True fits are nice seats but have a lower RF limit-which for some is no problem, my son hit 35lbs at 18months old so for us that was an issue. Britax seats are trim front to back and super easy to install but are lacking in leg room. There's just a lot more to consider than which one is best for an 8 month infant and last for years, lots of seats fit that bill.

galesville1980 11-04-2012 02:49 PM

Bump for more info in post 1...

Thanks everyone who has responded so far..iv been passing them on

galesville1980 11-04-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbakers
I really love our Radian, so I'd definitely suggest that - at 8 months, if they got it for him, they're going to get a good many years use out of it. It would be the only seat they'd need (very likely) until he was old enough for a booster :thumbsup:

I haven't owned or used a true fit (though I like the looks of them in store... Ooo... and now I'm thinking about that for Babe... hmm... my DH will thank you :giggle: ), anyways, or a my ride (those are so wide, they look so comfy for baby but so big and possibly uncomfy to sit beside).
I have owned a scenera (great budget seat, but another seat would be needed to get to booster age) and the All-in-ones (just... don't bother, lol).

It really all depends on what they need (space wise), whether they're going to ERF (hopefully!), and how much $$ they're willing to spend.

Lol sorry DH ;)

rverrone11 11-04-2012 11:42 PM

We love our Radian. We needed the higher RFing weight limit for DD1, otherwise we would have had to turn her at 18 months (in a 35 lb seat). She was able to ride RFing in it until she was 3.5, and she will be 5 in a couple of weeks and is still riding in it FFing. We drive long distances (road trips and cross country drives) and she finds it comfortable.

wyoming butterfly 11-04-2012 11:51 PM

We love our Radians. We have 2.

crunch!910 11-05-2012 04:23 AM

I have THREE Radians. Also have had two Myrides, a Scenera, and a True Fit. Scenere is small and awkard and not worth even the $40. I'd rather invest in a seat that will last and is easier to install. Myrides are nice, but the wings are huge, hard to lift child up and over them, and wide. They have a very tall base, so some people say it is hard to install without causign them to lean way over. I hated the TrueFit and made it go in DH's car. He's used to it and doesn't seem to mind it,but I do not like the padding with big holes in it exposing hard plastic (uncomfy) and I hate the continuous harness. For that expensive a seat, I would expect a better harness. My only complaints about Radian is that you need to tug-tug-tug the harness adjuster to tighten it, and the shoulder pads are very thick so can be awkward when your child is just about ready to move up to the next shoulder slot but isn't quite there and its far beneath shoulder level if that makes any sense.