Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct area.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1460633)

Veg's Dragonflies 11-04-2012 07:09 PM

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct area....

I'm trying to treat whooping cough homeopathicly and naturally. (his pediatrician trusts me and knows that I will call if things don't wrk out) He is 5 months, breastfed and non-vaxed. (m kids are usually never sick) This is my 7th baby and only one other child got the whoping cough. She was around 7 months and was hospitalized and cae through it with flying colors. We are doing pertussis homeopathic drops and nutri-silver drops. I'm tsking garlic so it will be in my breasmilk and eating plenty of fruits with vit C. Trying to keep my baby out of the hospital. So please give me any advise/toughts that you Mamas have to offer. :goodvibes:

slimy72 11-04-2012 07:12 PM

Re: Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct area....

I honestly have no clue. But if you don't get anyone here you might try the green living forum.

Veg's Dragonflies 11-04-2012 09:29 PM

Re: Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct area.... posted it elswhere

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimy72 (Post 15896334)
I honestly have no clue. But if you don't get anyone here you might try the green living forum.

Thanks, I posted it there. :)

an_aurora 11-04-2012 09:52 PM

Antibiotics. Pertussis can cause lifelong lung damage. This is not a time for homeopathic drops.

qsefthuko 11-04-2012 10:19 PM

My first son had whooping cough. He was around 4-6 months old. His coughing episodes were followed by vomiting. He had 12 plus episodes a day. I remember being excited when he had only had 8 episodes that day and it was already 2-3 in the aftrnoon as that was an improvement. Make sure to get some pedialyte to use if he dehydrates or his electrolytes go out of wack. I mixed an ounce of pedialyte with an ounce of breastmilk when my son became unresponsive and fed with a syringe. He perked right up. I also strapped him upright to my chest with a sling and slept in a chair to help with his breathing. Other than that I took garlic, vitamin c, and other natural stuff. I cannot remember completely just what they were though. My son is now 9 years old so it has been a while. He went undiagnosed. The doctors didn't take me seriously until he was at the tail end of his illness. Kinda pointless then.

Veg's Dragonflies 11-05-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qsefthuko (Post 15896959)
My first son had whooping cough. He was around 4-6 months old. His coughing episodes were followed by vomiting. He had 12 plus episodes a day. I remember being excited when he had only had 8 episodes that day and it was already 2-3 in the aftrnoon as that was an improvement. Make sure to get some pedialyte to use if he dehydrates or his electrolytes go out of wack. I mixed an ounce of pedialyte with an ounce of breastmilk when my son became unresponsive and fed with a syringe. He perked right up. I also strapped him upright to my chest with a sling and slept in a chair to help with his breathing. Other than that I took garlic, vitamin c, and other natural stuff. I cannot remember completely just what they were though. My son is now 9 years old so it has been a while. He went undiagnosed. The doctors didn't take me seriously until he was at the tail end of his illness. Kinda pointless then.

Thanks for the info. I am a litle worried that he will get dehydrated but he's not vomiting at this point. He still wets right after he wakes and every ten minutes if he's awake, just like clockwork. :thumbsup:

qsefthuko 11-05-2012 09:34 AM

I forgot to add steam showers to help loosen and bring up the phlem should help with breathing along with a humidifier.