Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   my baby fell off the bed. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1460936)

adjroberts 11-05-2012 03:49 PM

my baby fell off the bed.

On to a hardwood floor. He is 7 months. I took him to urgent care and they said he is ok. He cried for a couple of minutes but then was ok. I am so upset. Should I keep him awake? It is 5:30 and he usually takes a nap at 5, goes to sleep for the night at 8:30.

jackyl08 11-05-2012 03:52 PM

Re: my baby fell off the bed.

My little guy did this at 8mths and I took him to the ER, per our ped. They said that they just have you keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary, i.e vomiting, prolonged crying. I wasn't told to keep him awake or anything. :hugs: It's an awful feeling. I felt like the worlds worst mother. :(

adjroberts 11-05-2012 03:54 PM

I feel like crap. I am probably going to cry all night. I was right beside him and didn't catch him in time.

jackyl08 11-05-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adjroberts (Post 15899930)
I feel like crap. I am probably going to cry all night. I was right beside him and didn't catch him in time.

My older child screamed(for no reason, it turned out) and I turned my back for a split second and bam. The ped at the ER was great, though and said these things happen and I was still a good mother. It's ok, mama! He's ok! :hugs:

adjroberts 11-05-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackyl08

My older child screamed(for no reason, it turned out) and I turned my back for a split second and bam. The ped at the ER was great, though and said these things happen and I was still a good mother. It's ok, mama! He's ok! :hugs:

Thank you

mibarra 11-05-2012 04:06 PM

BTDT. Also had 3 year old smack her head into concrete floor. It happens.

Vivhop98 11-05-2012 04:28 PM

My 9 month old went down 12 hardwood steps and she came out unscathed. We had a ct scan because of the fall, but she didn't even have a bump!

happysmileylady 11-05-2012 04:34 PM

When my oldest was 2, she and I were sitting on the fifth row of a 5 row high set of bleachers at a ball field. She fell backwards off of it onto the cement pad they were bolted to, before I even had time to realize she had fallen, and I was right next to her. Head first onto the concrete and she was fine. She's a normal 16 year old now.

Sugar&SpiceX3 11-05-2012 04:44 PM

BTDT and it sucks. Hope you both feel better soon.

bobbyjk 11-05-2012 05:39 PM

I joined that club when my DD was 9 months old. Don't be too hard on yourself...it happens. I'd let the LO sleep but just watch them.