Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Who is this picky boy and what did he do with my son?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1460999)

MaterofJacob 11-05-2012 07:20 PM

Who is this picky boy and what did he do with my son?!

At least I can always fall back on PB&J. Ugh. He used to eat everything. Now its almost nothing it seems. What I wouldn't do to get a vegetable in him. Although today I put spinach in his peanut butter banana oatmeal smoothie and that worked out great. But he can't live off of smoothies :/

mibarra 11-06-2012 02:49 PM

How old? Sometimes they go through phases.

Kabuki24 11-06-2012 03:01 PM

Re: Who is this picky boy and what did he do with my son?!

I hear ya! My 20 month old pretty much only eats banana's, graham crackers and anything chocolate. It drives me bonkers. At daycare she says he's an awesome eater, but at home.. yeah... not so much.

dagmomma 11-06-2012 03:42 PM

DS1 Use to eat EVERYTHING!!! Then at around 2 or 3 he became extremely picky!!!!

He is somewhat picky now but he will try things still.

They go through phases.

Mom2Connor 11-06-2012 04:05 PM

I'm there too. Mine at least likes most fruit but even that is hit or miss lately. He used to LOVE cheese and won't hardly touch it now, other things are hit or miss. He used to eat everything. He's 2 yrs 3 mo and this has been getting worse since he turned 2.

hpfgirl 11-06-2012 04:24 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I wonder if they get bored with what we're offering? Sometimes he'll try a new food and then scarf it.

MsGiggles 11-06-2012 06:15 PM

I hear ya! Mine was an awesome eater of everything until she turned 2. ...but I've stood my ground pretty well and offer lots of choice at meals, but don't cater to what I know she'll eat. There have been a few meals where she's drunk some milk, and been pretty hungry for the next meal and whiny in the meantime :banghead:! I still struggle at following through (we always offer fruit after meals, so she'll generally at least have some banana, apple or grapes) but it seems to be paying off.

Although I've given up on my efforts to only offer veggies at afternoon snack...she so rarely ate them and I resented using precious naptime to prep them. :hide:

MsGiggles 11-06-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpfgirl (Post 15904211)
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I wonder if they get bored with what we're offering? Sometimes he'll try a new food and then scarf it.

We told DD1 that she's old enough now to try a bite of every new food and tell us whether or not she likes it. There were a few battles (that we lost) but now she will eventually try a bite of everything. I'm bored so have been making new recipes and have found she's willing to try, but then spitting the mess out if she really doesn't like it. :yuck: Dinner would be so much nicer to clean up without the chewed up food on the plate!

MaterofJacob 11-07-2012 12:41 PM

DS1 does the same thing! He chews it then takes it out of his mouth and tries to put it on my plate! Ew! I've recently been trying to make new meals but I don't think he's liked a single one. So far the spinach/banana/oats/peanut butter smoothies have gone down well so he is getting some kind of veggie...