Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   question about DS' foreskin (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461119)

swrlgrl105 11-06-2012 10:02 AM

question about DS' foreskin

I hope this is an ok section and it doesnt have to go into SS... but my DS is uncircumcised. He is 2 years old and last month I changed his diaper right before we left daycare and his foreskin was pulled back and the svincter (sp?) muscle clamped down behind the head and it looked so angry and he was screaming! I about fell over I was so mad becasue i take his pee pee and its comfort very seriously. They had a sub teaching that day and we thought she did it just being ignorant to what NOT to do and how NOT to clean it.

We took him to the Dr. becasue it was so tight it appeared to be cutting off blood flow and the Dr. said it was creating a turnoquet effect. He said its extremely unlikely he did it to himself. We blamed daycare, and they did a lengthy training for all staff about how to care for kids who were uncut.

Well, last night, I took his diaper off to get in the tub and its like that again!!!

He didnt start to cry until the diaper was off and he saw it/air hit it, but that explains why he was a little extra fussy/clingy at home.

The only people who changed him yesterday were people who know better and who i have never had a problem with... Now Im worndering if this is happening on its own??

I immediately got him in the tub and put some baby wash on it to makie it slippery, and it took some work of gently coaxing it over the head of the penis, but once it was down, he said it didnt hurt and the tip was nice and tight/closed again.

I just dont understand. If noone did this to him, can it be happening in the diaper? He doesnt have any naked time at daycare obviously... and during changes they keep his hands off, and he isnt a kid who ever has his hands down his pants. So I am wondering if its possible the svincter muscle at the tip gets too relaxed at times and his being picked up or playing causes it to slide over then it slams shut again and it gets stuck??

Has anyone ever had this happen? He has a well baby visit on the 30th so I fully intend to talk to his Dr about it then, but in the mean time, Im at a total loss. I dont want him to be in pain of have him get damage to it, but have no idea how this is happening.

I know for a fact he is not doing it. When I wipe him or wash him, the tip doesnt open up or slide around easily so its not floppy or anything.

HELP mamas!!!:headscratch:

Shaunam 11-06-2012 10:35 AM

Re: question about DS' foreskin

It can happen on it's own, but usually if the boy is already retractable. It sounds like maybe he was forcibly retracted at daycare and it was still stretched out from that event and it did it again on it's own. I would think that after a few days he'll be healed up from the retraction and it won't happen again. But definitely keep an eye on it. If you want to google it to learn more, it's called paraphimosis.

swrlgrl105 11-06-2012 10:39 AM

Thank you. I should have mentioned that when it happened last night, it was about a month since the daycare incident...still possible?

canadianbakers 11-06-2012 11:02 AM

I have no idea - my boys aren't circ'ed either, but I've never seen that happen with them.
But :bighug: to him (sounds painful, poor guy!) and :thumbsup: to YOU for educating the workers about what to/not to do when it comes to changing and penises!

swrlgrl105 11-06-2012 11:05 AM

Thanks! For me personally, I feel very strongly against circumcision so im a total mama bear about it...to the point where when we took him to the dr when it first happened, i sent the dr bill to daycare and made them pay for it and required them to reciew the tapes to see who all changed him throughout the day. I was ready to have someone's job.

FindingMercy 11-06-2012 11:50 AM

Maybe he's getting erections and it's retracting during those, but not always returning to its place afterward? No idea.

swrlgrl105 11-06-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FindingMercy (Post 15903158)
Maybe he's getting erections and it's retracting during those, but not always returning to its place afterward? No idea.

i thought maybe that was it too.. but when he gets them in the tub, the foreskin still doesnt even start to uncover the head of his penis, unless the cloth diaper rubbing on it if he gets one in his diaper pushes it? i doubt it but have no clue

somo_chickenlady 11-06-2012 12:26 PM

Unforunately, I wouldn't be surprised if someone at the daycare was doing it, even after they were talked to. At the last daycare I worked at, there was an older lady (in her 60's maybe?) that tried to retract the foreskin on an uncirc'd baby, and I FREAKED out on her, telling her she should never do that, etc. Even still, I caught her doing it again a few days later. :( I have no idea other than that, sorry. :hugs:

swrlgrl105 11-06-2012 12:32 PM

The person we suspect did it was a Sub and she is no longer allowed back in that classroom. And they instituted a policy that if there ever are subs, they are not allowed to change diapers seeing as there is alwasy a regualar staff in there at all times.

Everyone who works in his room now have been there since day 1 and have never been an issue. They actually were really upset when it happened the first time and cried becasue they were horrified he was in pain.