Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pumping Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   Lucina Meldoi - Ameda Purely Yours - Hygeia EnJoye : Reviews please!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461251)

ooocharmsooo 11-06-2012 04:44 PM

Lucina Meldoi - Ameda Purely Yours - Hygeia EnJoye : Reviews please!!!

Iím due the end of December and need a pump because I will be going back to work full-time.
Just heard back from my insurance company and it looks like these are the three pumps that I am able to get insurance to cover once 2013 hits:
Lucina Meldoi
Ameda(Evenflo) Purely Yours
Hygeia EnJoye

Has anyone used any of these pumps and what are your thoughts on them? Cost is not an issue as it is covered 100% under preventive care :mrgreen:

AmandaR 11-11-2012 02:07 PM

Re: Lucina Meldoi - Ameda Purely Yours - Hygeia EnJoye : Reviews please!!!

The Ameda Purely Yours is FANTASTIC. I liked it better than my hospital pump.

ooocharmsooo 11-15-2012 10:31 AM

Thank Amanda! I was actualyl leaning towards the Hygeia but I have heard good things about the Purely Yours

mtnlazuli 06-10-2013 01:55 PM

I'm bumping this thread in case anyone has any comments. I know people love the Medela PIS, but I'm concerned about the single user aspect. I already have Medela parts from the hospital, though, so that's an attraction.

I've heard good things about the Purely Yours, except that it's noisy.

I can't find anything at all, it seems, other than pretty useless promotional videos on YouTube, about the Lucina Melodi (and I would qualify for the advanced, with a baby in the NICU).

Anyone have any more recent thoughts/opinions? Thanks!

evasimone 06-10-2013 06:46 PM

I use the Ameda purely yours and like it. I would go for Medela over the purely yours though just because the purely yours does not work with a hands free pump bra while the Medela does.

Keropisunshine23 06-10-2013 07:08 PM

I bought a Hygeia to use this time. I have heard good things about it I had sold my Medela (Lactina) thinking I was done having kids. I bought the Hygeia because it is who compliant, recyclable, reusable for more than one person and LLL endorsed. I have never used the Ameda, so I can not offer a comparison. I do know my medela shields will work with my Hygeia, another bonus for me because I needed larger shields and for some reason I did not sell those when I sold the pump. :-)

mama2tommy 06-11-2013 01:06 PM

I don't know much about the Lunica Melodi - it looks like an expensive pump, but I really can't find much info on it either, so personally I'd stay away until it becomes "tried & true".

I plan to purchase the Hygeia this time too - the EnJoye with internal battery. After pumping for so many years with a Medela Freestyle, the internal battery is a must for me. Like PP, I like it because it's a known entity, has a 3 year warranty, is WHO compliant, is a closed system...

I have an Ameda Purely Yours, and it's okay - I liked my freestyle better. I also have a PIS-A that I've used one time - my least favorite pump. (I need to give that one away!!)