Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Late AF with tubes tied? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461266)

TwinKristi 11-06-2012 05:27 PM

Late AF with tubes tied?

Anyone else have whacked cycles after a tubal? I had my tubes tied in Feb and had already had a PPAF despite EBFing at that time and have every month since. I have cycles that are 31-32 days now but I'm on CD35 and no sign of AF! I think I had an ovarian cyst rupture on Sat (had them on and off for 14yrs) due to extremely bad cramping on my left side. Then I thought AF would arrive on Sun after that but no. Not sure if I'm crazy to test based on that alone or if I'm in denial that it could even be possible?

leyash 11-06-2012 05:33 PM

Re: Late AF with tubes tied?

I've had ovarian cysts for 5 years. So bad that it took us 4+ years of NTNP to get pregnant! Anyway, I've had cycles from 33-44 days for the last 2 1/2 years, and when I've had a cyst rupture, I've had to wait 14-21 days for a period afterward. When the cyst actually ruptured, it was always a longer cycle than without one rupturing. Anyway, that's just my experience. It wouldn't hurt to test. If anything, it might make you feel better.

Good luck!

delicatefade 11-06-2012 06:20 PM

Hate to say it, but this is incredibly common. My SIL's cycles went psycho on her, including extremely heavy and painful, after her tubal. I did some research after she told me this, and it's way more common than not. Doctor's won't acknowledge it though.

TwinKristi 11-06-2012 07:54 PM

Thanks ladies... I don't feel pregnant by any means either so it's not a real worry, just didn't know if I was nutso to blow it off. I was thinking the cyst may have thrown it off too so that makes sense.

MelDM 11-06-2012 09:54 PM

I had my tubal done last December and have had cycles up to 47 days long. Before my tubal I was 26-29 days religiously. The last couple months seem to have gotten back to my normal so I'm hoping it was just my body adjusting.

TwinKristi 11-06-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelDM
I had my tubal done last December and have had cycles up to 47 days long. Before my tubal I was 26-29 days religiously. The last couple months seem to have gotten back to my normal so I'm hoping it was just my body adjusting.

Ugh!!! As much as I wouldn't mind going that long without AF, I would be worried. LOL Thanks for sharing.

MelDM 11-07-2012 03:15 AM

I know! I took one or two pregnancy tests in those 47 days ;) lol

vicky 11-07-2012 04:54 AM

Welcome to the untalked about world of Tubal Ligation Syndrome. I wish more people were honest about it so that people could make an informed decision before getting their tubes tied. I had mine done 6 years ago during a csection with my daughter. With my son, just 3 years earlier, I went 9 months before having a period. With her, it was 6 weeks. The periods were UNBELIEVABLE. Clots, no normal timeline, painful, terrible. Then, I started having incredible anxiety and panic attacks. After dealing with the junk for long enough and doing lots of research, I decided to have mine untied. It was worth every penny. However, three months later, I got pregnant :) We didn't really think it was a possibility since we had to do fertility before and the chances of getting pregnant after a reversal are really low. Anyway, my point is that I feel for you. Educate yourself so that you can know what to really expect. I hope yours even out and get better.

lilbitcrunchy 11-07-2012 07:35 AM

Wouldn't it be good to test to rule out an ectopic pg?

ambieone 11-07-2012 08:55 AM

I'm kind of in the same boat....except DH had a vesectomy instead of my tubes tied.
I"m 5 days late today....I'll give it until Friday and then I'll grab a test. I know it happens, I don't have any pg symptoms though, so who knows.