Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Trainer recommendations (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461312)

crunchyNurseMommy 11-06-2012 08:30 PM

I am looking for cheaper trainers for my 2 year old. He is tall & skinny with average to skinny thighs. He weighs 28 pounds & has a low rise.

Here is what I have tried:
* flips - didnt care for the way the cover for & how the rise snaps came undo when you pulled them down. The inserts are nice though. Prefer cotton.
* grovia - liked the idea of these but a little narrow in the butt even on a skinny kid. Just expensive to buy a bunch.
* gerber - these are easy up & down & soft cotton but don't contain any messes.

I would like to find something not expensive, would be great to have a waterproof option but not opposed to an additional layer of "plastic pants". Would prefer cotton & something that fits my skinny guy. Don't care for pockets but wouldn't be a deal breaker.

The blueberry ones look nice but too expensive. Same with the fuzzibunz.

How are the happy Heiny ones? Pockets right? :(

Checking into some Scotty pottys too since they have waterproof option.

Also what about imes vimes & ecoposh? They look cozy for at home.

Anyone tried the gerber plastic pants over cotton undies for trips outside the house?

Thanks!

reyasunshine 11-06-2012 08:37 PM

Re: Trainer recommendations

Bummis has a new "plastic pants" that are supposed to be awesome. And did you check Blueberry's clearance? I think they have some right now... :)

crunchyNurseMommy 11-06-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reyasunshine
Bummis has a new "plastic pants" that are supposed to be awesome. And did you check Blueberry's clearance? I think they have some right now... :)

I see bummis trainers but not pure plastics pants. Will check clearance. Blueberry worth the price? Hold an accident?.

Alaga 11-06-2012 09:02 PM

Blueberry trainers will absorb a light accident, but will be wet on the outside. More absorbant than Gerber trainers, but definitely not waterproof.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

kalibratx4 11-06-2012 09:11 PM

I have been trying a bunch of trainers and so far the best ones I've had are some WAHM and trimsie trainers. They are pull up style with snaps and we are loving them!

I also really like blueberry but they are pricey!!

kalibratx4 11-06-2012 09:16 PM

I have to brag and show a picture of the ones we just had made for us by a Mama on ds...She does some amazing work :)

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...4/photo-29.jpg

crunchyNurseMommy 11-06-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalibratx4
I have to brag and show a picture of the ones we just had made for us by a Mama on ds...She does some amazing work :)

Those are really cute! What's the website?

BinahYeteirah 11-06-2012 10:58 PM

I really like Imse Vimse trainers, but if you think the Blueberry trainers are too expensive, they are even more so. The fit of the Imse Vimse trainers is better than that of the other trainers I've tried, and I find they hold an entire pee without puddling. The PUL (which is only in the wet zone, iirc) only keeps pants dry if it's a small or partial accident.

organicmama10 11-06-2012 11:09 PM

We love our Blueberry trainers! It holds quite a bit but the outer will get wet. We didn't care for the Best Bottom trainers. Have considered the Imse Vimse and Little Beetle but local diaper store didn't have any in stock at the time.

shortcake2386 11-06-2012 11:14 PM

i make some with a waterproof option. www.mothergoosedesigns.com