Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   HELP! quick!! UPDATE post 19 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461316)

shortcake2386 11-06-2012 09:47 PM

HELP! quick!! UPDATE post 19

back story. at childrens hospital with dd, 4 months, for video EEG and OPMS swallow study. she has reflux and seizures.

ok who wants to play doctor?
the last 3 feedings, 1.5 hours after eating mackenna has woken from a soungd sleep SCREAMING and clawing at her eyes:( she screams inconsolable for 30 minutes to an hour then is fine??? she is not arching or spitting up and i HIGHLY doubt its the gauze making her head itch like the nurse insists:insert rolled eyes: her poor little face is all scratched up and i just cut her nails yesterday they are super short....shes getting milk i pumped sunday so its not a diet change either. very tempted to call the 'not getting the help my kid needs' line....

Hillargh 11-06-2012 09:48 PM

Is she specifically going for her eyes, or just flailing around her head and getting her eyes?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

shortcake2386 11-06-2012 09:51 PM

Re: HELP! quick!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillargh (Post 15905177)
Is she specifically going for her eyes, or just flailing around her head and getting her eyes?

it looks like she is going for her eyes. nothing else is getting scratched. she is catching the gauze on her head but just every once in a while.

Hillargh 11-06-2012 09:54 PM

Could it be an allergic reaction to something they gave during the OPMS?

shortcake2386 11-06-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillargh (Post 15905196)
Could it be an allergic reaction to something they gave during the OPMS?

havent done the swallow study yet. its tomorrow. they put lotion on her but that was after the first fit....and i dont think they put it on her face. she doesnt have a rash anywhere, not even under the gauze

Hillargh 11-06-2012 09:58 PM

I would speak with someone else, tbh. I have no idea, but if it's obviously her eyes and nothing else, you need someone to listen to you and watch her.

kushie tushie 11-06-2012 09:59 PM

I have no idea mama but wanted to offer many :hugs:!! Having a baby in the hospital is so stressful!

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

luvsviola 11-06-2012 10:02 PM

Demand that the nurse call the resident on call to your room. Be firm. There are doctors in the hospital, and if you have a concern, you have a right to see one in person.

keen1981 11-06-2012 10:03 PM

Night terror??

shortcake2386 11-06-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillargh (Post 15905212)
I would speak with someone else, tbh. I have no idea, but if it's obviously her eyes and nothing else, you need someone to listen to you and watch her.

well the good news is its all on video....