Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   question about temp taking (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461358)

cehurley81 11-07-2012 04:58 AM

question about temp taking

this is my first post in the ttc group. ds always wakes up and gets into bed with dh and i. which means that he nurses in the morning usually around 4 or 5 am. i have my alarm set for 5:45 every morning to take my temp but i am usually awake before that or i was awake for 30 minutes and then went back to sleep until the alarm.

so would i get better/more accurate temp readings if i take my temp as soon as i wake up, no matter what time OR always take my temp at 5:45? what do i do about this?

UVASahm 11-07-2012 05:03 AM

I am having the same issue. I would take your temp as soon as you wake up. As long as it is taken in the same 1/2 hour interval it should be accurate. However, it is not accurate if taken after you've already woken up. Hope this helps!

geetabean 11-07-2012 05:41 AM

Re: question about temp taking

You can adjust your temp 1/10 of a degree for every 30 minutes in either direction. If you wake up at 5:15 just add 1/10 to your temp and if you wake up at 6:15 just subtract 1/10. You can do this for up to 2 hours in either direction. The key is that you need to take your temp before you get up out of bed. Even getting up to pee, or picking up your LO gets your blood flowing and increases your temp. You want your resting temp and the closer you get to the same time each day, the more accurate the # is. Because there can be such a miniscule difference between pre O temps and post O temps you really want to have consistency in your temp taking time, but as long as you are pretty close, and you take that temp before moving about, you should still see the "spike" on your chart.

I find that as long as I pay special attention the few days before O and the few days after O then the rest of the month doesn't really even matter at all. You just want to see that spike happen to know what day you O'd on. :goodvibes:

cehurley81 11-15-2012 06:34 PM

thanks mamas! of course the day i posted this i found out i was pregnant. i will have to remember this for the next time. :)

cehurley81 11-15-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geetabean (Post 15905815)
You can adjust your temp 1/10 of a degree for every 30 minutes in either direction. If you wake up at 5:15 just add 1/10 to your temp and if you wake up at 6:15 just subtract 1/10. You can do this for up to 2 hours in either direction. The key is that you need to take your temp before you get up out of bed. Even getting up to pee, or picking up your LO gets your blood flowing and increases your temp. You want your resting temp and the closer you get to the same time each day, the more accurate the # is. Because there can be such a miniscule difference between pre O temps and post O temps you really want to have consistency in your temp taking time, but as long as you are pretty close, and you take that temp before moving about, you should still see the "spike" on your chart.

I find that as long as I pay special attention the few days before O and the few days after O then the rest of the month doesn't really even matter at all. You just want to see that spike happen to know what day you O'd on. :goodvibes:

the problem i have is that once ds wakes me up, i have to move around to nurse him, etc. thanks for your help :)

cehurley81 01-20-2013 11:18 AM

Please delete

bkoala 02-07-2013 02:44 PM

yay congrats!