Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Poll for wool lovers :-) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461435)

boysniris 11-07-2012 11:05 AM

Poll for wool lovers :-)

When it comes to snapping wool covers, what are the important qualities?

And, in case you are wondering, I'm investigating offering a wooly option for EmotiBums :)

qsefthuko 11-07-2012 11:16 AM

Re: Poll for wool lovers :-)

I voted best fit. If a cover doesn't fit well all the rest just doesn't matter. I had like 4 large biobottoms wool wraps. They worked great but because my son grew outward instead of upward they stopped fitting by the time he was 4 months old. A cover isn't much good if it just doesn't fit.

boysniris 11-07-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qsefthuko (Post 15906986)
I voted best fit. If a cover doesn't fit well all the rest just doesn't matter. I had like 4 large biobottoms wool wraps. They worked great but because my son grew outward instead of upward they stopped fitting by the time he was 4 months old. A cover isn't much good if it just doesn't fit.

Those are so cute -- I'm not sure if I've seen them before but they remind me of Imse Vimse Bumpy wool :) Did you size up to the next size? My son was into mostly Large everything when he was about 4 months old...he's still fitting most of his Large stuff at 41 months, but I had to size him up to XL EmotiBums :giggle:

808mamaof3 11-07-2012 11:43 AM

I just voted best fit too. I usually knit my own longies and soakers so it fits well, but when I have interlock soakers, I want a good trim fit.

I haven't tried them yet, but for this baby I have a bunch of snapping and velcro loveybum covers. I'll see in Feb. how the fit is. I usually prefer pull on so I have a bunch of those too.

boysniris 11-09-2012 08:30 AM

:bump: :mrgreen:

carriek38 11-09-2012 09:16 AM

I voted best fit. We had Swaddlebees/Blueberries wool wraps in small and medium sizes. The two sizes fit DD through PTing. They were pretty trim, but the only fitteds we had that they didn't fit over were our side-snap Sandy's & Clovers. Oh, and I never was able to get a narrow enough fit w/ a snappied PF, either. In fact, I always dreamed of a wool cover w/ "flaps" like a Flip for trifolding.

boysniris 11-09-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carriek38 (Post 15914484)
I voted best fit. We had Swaddlebees/Blueberries wool wraps in small and medium sizes. The two sizes fit DD through PTing. They were pretty trim, but the only fitteds we had that they didn't fit over were our side-snap Sandy's & Clovers. Oh, and I never was able to get a narrow enough fit w/ a snappied PF, either. In fact, I always dreamed of a wool cover w/ "flaps" like a Flip for trifolding.

Thank you!

Personally I like the IDEA of trifolding in wool, but the risk would be high :giggle: If the cover were machine-washable maybe it wouldn't be so bad... ;)

cowgirlfromwyo 11-09-2012 06:17 PM

I say fit and best wetness. I would like a cover I could use for several hours or overnight.

RockinLou 12-04-2012 08:42 PM

I said fit, because if it doesnt fit, it doesnt work! I mostly make my own upcycled wool though, and so I would also say material is important, because I've upcycled some pretty icky wool and had to put them to the back of the drawer...

SeaChellsRun 12-11-2012 11:29 PM

IO voted reasonable price. I have yet to come across bad fitting wool (2nd child CDing) or icky wool CD items or wetness issues. We EC so we do lay flats in wool snap covers. When she's close to poo-day I switch to pul juuuust in case.

Great idea for you doing woolies. I've been drooling over your work for some time but haven't purchased due to we don't reach for poly fibers,