Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Request for Prayer / Updates (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Prayers for my little brother in an abusive relationship (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461477)

crnchy_mama_lala 11-07-2012 12:49 PM

Prayers for my little brother in an abusive relationship

Thanks for reading, I'll try to keep this short. My brother has been in an out of an abusive relationship for years and finally found the strength to end things for good this past summer. Well she slept around after they broke up and found out she was pregnant and came back begging him to take her back and he did. She is extremely dangerous and violent and I'm very scared for him. She was arrested and institutionalized for a while (before they started dating) because of her violence and when they were together before she abused him verbally all the time (even in front of us) and he was always covered in bruises and had black eyes. Our family has chosen not to be around her anymore and while he was making an effort to still see us for important family events he informed us this past week that he isn't allowed to see us anymore unless she's allowed to come as well. He won't even answer phone calls or return text messages. We were so thankful our prayers had been answered and now things are worse than ever. I am requesting prayers for God to watch over him and the baby and to keep them both safe. Thank you.

happymama1 11-08-2012 06:27 PM

Re: Prayers for my little brother in an abusive relationship

wow! I can't imagine how terrifying this situation must be. I'll pray for your brother and the baby!! :hugs:

crnchy_mama_lala 11-11-2012 08:22 PM

Thanks so much, mama! Finally got a text message back this week so at least I know he is okay for now. The baby will be born in February and I just pray God will inspire her to get some real psychiatric help before then. If she loses her cool and hurts my brother that way I fear for what she could possibly do to a colicy baby that won't stop crying. I feel torn bc I wish he wasn't in the situation at all, but I also think it's an honorable thing he's doing taking care of her and the baby and it could make all the difference in that baby's life.

JMercieca 02-11-2013 08:58 AM

That's so scary & hard to deal with. My husband had a previous relationship with a very abusive woman, emotionally & physically that he was blessed to get out of. I wasn't around at the time because I hadn't met him, but just the stories make my blood boil, I can't even imagine being witness to something currently going on & being helpless to "fix" it. Prayers for you all & especially that sweet little one.

mlgurney 03-21-2013 02:04 PM

He is in my prayers. I hope he is able to find the strength to get out of the relationship and stay out.

Ruthk33 05-10-2013 12:19 AM

How is everything? Praying right now.

Ktanner 05-21-2013 05:51 PM

Praying