Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Sandy's as pull-up trainers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461608)

crunchyNurseMommy 11-07-2012 07:57 PM

Sandy's as pull-up trainers?

Any one use sandy's as pull ups? With the side snap option they seem like a good, cheaper option with decent absorbency.

Any other side snapping diapers that work good as pull on trainers?

tomandkara 11-07-2012 10:39 PM

Re: Sandy's as pull-up trainers?

I have used GroVia AI2s as pull-up trainers. They work great because there's enough stretch that you can pull them on and off like undies. You do have to kind of finagle the insert but they worked great for us!

lady longs 11-11-2012 07:34 AM

I used sandys as my pull up trainers - they worked awesome!

crunchyNurseMommy 11-11-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lady longs

Gotta try them! Did you use them without a cover?

crunchyNurseMommy 11-11-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lady longs

Did you use a cover with them? If so, what one?

mamamarisa 11-11-2012 10:55 PM

i tried the sandys, unfortunately they fell right off my skinny ds lol. When we tried them he had fleece pants over them. You could put a pull on cover over them though

crunchyNurseMommy 11-19-2012 12:59 PM

Tried this today for the first time. Of course DS got breakfast all over them. So now I am thinking of putting either fleece or PUL on the outside where the soaker runs. Anyone try this? With a pull up cover they didn't leak with an accident! Yeah!!! And easy to pull up and down by me but might be a little hard for DS. Side snapping is awesome for quick removal :)

lady longs 11-19-2012 02:07 PM

Sorry I never responded.

We used bamboo and sized down. He wore the small until he potty learned at about 24 pounds.

We used them coverless, with fleece, and with wool. He was PUL sensitive, so we didn't put a cover.

If I were starting a stash for pl'ing specifically, I would go coverless or just use fleece shorties or longies (depending on weather) b/c its so much simpler than wool and (in theory) you don't need all of the benefits of wool for this stage of the diapering game.

Would do wool or a cover for night time and errands though.

Lemme know if you have more questions.

They worked awesome as trainers! Couldn't have loved them more.

jessnye 11-19-2012 03:45 PM

I like Sandys as trainers and I also like Swaddlebees 2.0 for when we need waterproof.

crunchyNurseMommy 11-19-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessnye
I like Sandys as trainers and I also like Swaddlebees 2.0 for when we need waterproof.

Wondering about these as well! Easy to pull up?