Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early Arrivals (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   Experience with early bleeding leading to preterm labor later on? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461629)

IsabelsMama 11-07-2012 09:16 PM

Experience with early bleeding leading to preterm labor later on?

Hi mamas!

I am 20 weeks and 3 days after having had a full-term 38 weeker (9 hours from water breaking to baby being born), and then a preemie 32-weeker (it was really unexpected and fast...no signs at all of preterm labor, he came about 8 hrs after contractions started). He was in the NICU for 6 1/2 weeks and also had a complication of his prematurity (hydrocephalus), which caused him to get a shunt placed in his brain at 8 months old. He is doing so well and such a precious little boy, but we would love for our next to have a healther start in life!

I started 17p injections this time at 16 weeks so have had 4 so far. Four days ago I started heavy red bleeding (soaking a minipad every two hours). I have been in the hospital twice and cervical length checked twice. They found two things:
1) There are some blood vessels that are broken/fragile around the outside of the cervix.
2) There is a collection of blood and "debris" inside my uterus, just behind my cervix, that has pooled there and my body is apparently attempting to expel it. They don't really have an explanation as to where this might have come from, but they said it needs to be expelled or absorbed because it can't just continue to float around in there. This has been causing a lot of pressure in my cervical area, feels as if I was way further along and the baby's head was pushing down...obviously that's not what it is since the baby is about the size of an avocado right now, but that's the best way I know how to describe the sensation! I am also experiencing some mild and infrequent contractions and odd dull aching pain on the right side of my uterus (not constant, but often enough to be noticeable) - this is what sent me into the hospital the second time, and they were picking up some contractions on the monitor, but they did send me home after verifying cervix was still closed and long. Getting it checked again on Friday...praying I make it full term this time and the bleeding stops SOON!

Wondering if any of you ladies have experienced anything similar, have any questions I should be asking the doctors, or any recommendations for me?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

OrangeBananas 11-08-2012 07:43 PM

Re: Experience with early bleeding leading to preterm labor later on?

I had bright red bleeding through my entire pregnancy with DD. It lasted all the way until she was born at 23 weeks.I started having contractions, which was brought on by an abruption, and then she was born.

7 for now 11-09-2012 01:10 PM

I came to the hospital last Friday with bright red bleeding at 28-4 weeks. Turns out my water had broken and I have a subchorionic hemorrhage. I am in the hospital until little one is born. We did the steroid shots last weekend and we have made it a week so far!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

IsabelsMama 11-22-2012 06:52 PM

Hi mamas, thanks for the replies! After much medical back-and-forth, we figured out that I do have a retroplacental clot (about the size of a bar of soap) between my placenta and the uterus. This has now caused bleeding for 2 weeks and 5 days, today. I have been on modified bedrest at home for 1 week and 5 days, and go back for another ultrasound on Monday to figure out if it is getting better, worse, etc. Any chance you think I get off bedrest, ever, before LO is born? The bleeding has not gotten better and I am passing clots (fairly big), but they said it has to come out, so I am just waiting until Monday to get the better sense of what is to come. Happy Thanksgiving!

CASMama711 11-25-2012 07:34 PM

I had a subchorionic hematoma at 9 weeks with my twins. At 10 weeks I was told it had reabsorbed at I was taken off bed rest. Then at 31 weeks I had a placental abruption which broke my water and started labor. My twins were delivered 5 hours later.

IsabelsMama 12-10-2012 10:52 AM

Hi mamas! Just wanted to come back and update you. Unfortunately our story ended sadly. I also ended up starting to have contractions and then PROM - had c-section to deliver our sweet Abigaile Grace at 23 weeks and 1 day. She lived 10 hours with us and now is living eternally in heaven. Our story is on the blog I started...www.abigailegrace.blogspot.com

If any of you are praying mamas, please pray for healing and wisdom from the doctors as to when/if to try pregnancy again. I had a vertical incision so I know the waiting period is generally longer. They also did tons of labs and pathology on the placenta to see if they can determine what caused the blood clot in the first place.

Any of you go on to have (semi) normal pregnancies after the one that had the bleeding?

Many blessings to each of you!
Kristy

OrangeBananas 12-10-2012 11:08 AM

Oh mama, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss :hugs: What a beautiful baby girl. My last was also born at 23 weeks, due to heavy bleeding through out the pregnancy which ended in an abruption. I am currently almost 30 weeks pregnant with another, and have had zero complications thus far. I will be praying for your family for healing, and for any future pregnancies you may have.