Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Lanolin spray? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461650)

firststella 11-07-2012 11:25 PM

Lanolin spray?

I have a couple of wool soakers that I've been washing in eucalan and lanolizing with melted lansinoh. But I want to try something more SIMPLE!
Do you, experienced ladies, have suggestions for lanolizing? I heard about spraying lanolin on the inside of soaker between washings...
Is eucalan ok for washing or do you have a better method?
Thank you so much for your help!

northknoxmomma 11-08-2012 07:06 AM

Re: Lanolin spray?

:popcorn:

firststella 11-16-2012 12:50 AM

Bump! Please tell me!

disneylindsay 11-16-2012 06:13 AM

I'm anxious to know also how people like the spray, I have always just melted the lansinoh also and soaked and dried...I have been debating trying the spray...I hope someone has some great advice for us!!

southernbelle04 11-16-2012 07:12 AM

The spray is meant to help you go longer between the "deep" lanolinizing. I don't know that I'd trust it to be the only lanolin I use. You would have to use a lot of it to get it absorbent enough to use, IMO.

OP: I used baby wash and the lanolin used for breastfeeding. I never had issues.

1healthylady 11-16-2012 07:13 AM

I'd like to know too. I'm just getting into wool and haven't had to wash it yet.

Probably typing one handed while breastfeeding. My smartphone can't fix it all.

BabySnickerdoodles 11-16-2012 09:21 AM

I have been making my own spray from Crow Mountain Crafts products...so far it has been AMAZING!!! I use it on outgoing orders, and so far have had great reviews!

I put about 1 tsp lanolin in an 8oz spray bottle, then drop in about 4 wool wash bits, and fill it with HOT HOT water from the tap...
Give it a good long shake, let it sit awhile, then shake it up again. It gets very milky, but still sprays beautifullly! I spray it all over the inside of the body, with some extra attention to the wet zone.
Work the spray into the fibers real fast, then hang to dry....and they dry very fast!

I honestly only wash/lanolize our family's woolies when they are soiled....if they need to be lanolized, I use my fantabulous spray, and voila! :)

BabySnickerdoodles 11-16-2012 09:25 AM

Note: I DO still do the traditional wash/lanolizing on wool that is feeling not-so-soft after the felting process...but if you are talking about knits, crochet, or interlock, I see no reason why a spray lanolizing wouldn't work. Its worth a try anyway!

I got a tub of lanolin from Crow Mountain Crafts, and then a bag of her wool wash bits...but I'm sure you could work with what you have....just don't only use the wool wash bits, that won't be enough lanolin to sufficiently lanolize. You need that solid lanolin in there, and you need it to get VERY melted, and broken down by the soap in the wool wash bits....its really stinkin' amazing! Like I said, worth a try :thumbsup:

RockinLou 11-16-2012 01:36 PM

Just today I washed a new wool soaker in euclan and then spray lanolized it before setting it out to dry. This is my first go at spray lanolin, so I'm anxcious to see how it works! I wanted to try it on a brand new soaker to see if it really can work, i prayed it a few times on the inside first, but could see where the spray hit, so when I turned it to the outside I sprayed from further away hoping to avoid stains, and it seems to have worked, once it's dry we'll see the true testament!

firststella 11-16-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabySnickerdoodles
Note: I DO still do the traditional wash/lanolizing on wool that is feeling not-so-soft after the felting process...but if you are talking about knits, crochet, or interlock, I see no reason why a spray lanolizing wouldn't work. Its worth a try anyway!

I got a tub of lanolin from Crow Mountain Crafts, and then a bag of her wool wash bits...but I'm sure you could work with what you have....just don't only use the wool wash bits, that won't be enough lanolin to sufficiently lanolize. You need that solid lanolin in there, and you need it to get VERY melted, and broken down by the soap in the wool wash bits....its really stinkin' amazing! Like I said, worth a try :thumbsup:

So if I understand well, the thing is that the wool wash helps the solid lanolin to melt well? Would it actually melt better than just heating the lansinoh in water? So I would still use lansinoh tube and I would get a wool wash bar to use with it?
Thank you, you help a lot!