Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In June (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Ever have that feeling something is wrong? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461673)

MyM&W 11-08-2012 05:30 AM

Ever have that feeling something is wrong?

I've been having that. I'm sure everything is fine but its been bugging me. I'm 8w2d so I'm nowhere near the safe mark.
And lately I've had this feeling that I won't have a baby in June, or sometimes that I'm bot even pregnant.
Is this normal? Please tell me I'm not the only one. I'm hoping its just from the trama of the m/c I had in the past.
I sit here and try to think about the little bean with a strong beating heart and it makes me feel better. Only 2 more weeks til my ultrasound! It cannot come quick enough!

Leaner 11-08-2012 07:33 AM

Re: Ever have that feeling something is wrong?

Yes yes yes. I feel like that. It seems fake, of course the constant queasy feeling is soothing to me, but there are days when I feel off.
My u/s is next week and that can not come fast enough for me!

slingmama4 11-08-2012 09:42 AM

I do think it is linked to our past m/c. I never felt that way with any of my past pregnancies, but I have had that feeling a few weeks ago that I wasn't really pregnant. I went out and bought a test and the line came up nice and dark immediately. :-)

Then, the morning sickness has hit full force which is comforting, but I went in to the Dr last week and they did a pee test and the whole time, as I'm sitti g their feeling pukey, I'm fearing they are going g to come out and tell me it was negative. They came out and didn't say anything, just continued on with the exam. I had to ask. --felt stupid. They looked at me strange and said, " Uh...yeah."

My u/s is on Tuesday and i am excited, but a bit scared. I will be almost exactly the same weeks I was when I went in to see Lulah on u/s and she had past. I remember not believing the u/s tech when she told me their was no heartbeat. She just looked so perfect on the screen. And measured to the day. Just so still.
I think that is the first thing I want to see is bean movi g and jumping around d. That will make me happy.
No fear. Only joy. No fear. Only joy.

rockchikcassie 11-08-2012 03:12 PM

I've felt that way, got my first u/s on Monday at that helped tremendously. I've done this with every pregnancy tho. My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage and the rest of them have left me with serious worries at least in the first trimester. This one has been weird because my boobs are hurting at all, no heartburn, not excessively tired, just nauseous. I felt relieved when we saw the heartbeat and now I'm not worried about it anymore. I think worrying is normal and the best thing to do is try and relax and think about something else or keep thinking positive thoughts like you have been. Good luck!!

lil_nic80 11-13-2012 09:49 PM

I have had this feeling most days since week 6 when my nausea stopped (10 weeks now). I had horrible, horrible ms an multiple symptoms with ds by 10 weeks, so this lack of anything (except mild, mild breast tenderness) is pretty disconcerting. Almost every day I catch myself imagining what it would be like if I *was* pregnant. Am almost assuming now that something is wrong and my body is preparing my head and heart for something that I don't want to hear. Ultrasound not until first week of December, but have a dr's appointment next week. Fingers crossed that I will get answers some way, soon enough.

lil_nic80 11-29-2012 06:34 AM

Can I unload here? Had my NT ultrasound yesterday. It was a relief/exciting to see little bub rolling around . Nurse came in after test was complete and risk for Trisomy 13 & 18 are 1:10. Tris 21 (downs) is not applicable here. She shell shocked me. After seeing heart, brain, arms, legs, nasal bone on screen it was still surprising to hear something could still be wrong. Just trying to collect my thoughts and now prepare for all situations. Just hoping... I don't know how to finish that sentence.

MyM&W 11-29-2012 05:30 PM

Well glad everything looks good so far..

nettepoet 11-29-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lil_nic80 (Post 15984055)
Can I unload here? Had my NT ultrasound yesterday. It was a relief/exciting to see little bub rolling around . Nurse came in after test was complete and risk for Trisomy 13 & 18 are 1:10. Tris 21 (downs) is not applicable here. She shell shocked me. After seeing heart, brain, arms, legs, nasal bone on screen it was still surprising to hear something could still be wrong. Just trying to collect my thoughts and now prepare for all situations. Just hoping... I don't know how to finish that sentence.

Oh my goodness, mama. I feel for you. I know it is of little help to hear anecdotes when you have those stats staring you in the face, but perhaps it will bring some comfort to know that these tests are not always right. My cousin's best friend had her first child at 42 and her AFP results came back as it being very likely her child would have downs. She didn't. She had her second at 44 yrs and the same result came out with the test, and again she had a baby without any problems.

I sincerely hope it all goes well and that you have a healthy baby.

MyM&W 11-30-2012 05:23 PM

I must have read the post wrong. I'm sorry.

My mom had my brother when she was 26ish and they said he was going to be down syndrome and that she should terminate. Glad she didn't because he's totally fine and healthy now at the age of 25! You and your babe will be in my prayers mama.

Leaner 12-01-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyM&W (Post 15990965)
I must have read the post wrong. I'm sorry.

My mom had my brother when she was 26ish and they said he was going to be down syndrome and that she should terminate. Glad she didn't because he's totally fine and healthy now at the age of 25! You and your babe will be in my prayers mama.

I read that wrong, too.