Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Nipple trush help please!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461737)

MandaMommy2 11-08-2012 09:28 AM

Nipple trush help please!!!

My lo is 10 weeks and we have been battling thrush for weeks and I'm so frustrated and in pain. I'm on my third dose of dyflucan, taking probiotics, using panoramic and now gentian violet. Baby has nystatin for her bum and oral nystatin for her mouth plus now the gentian violet. I stopped using the oral nystatin though when we stared using the gentian violet. I have washed everything in scalding not water and boiled all pump parts. I love breast feeding my daughter and don't want to use formula but this yeast has to go.

thtr4me 11-08-2012 11:53 AM

Re: Nipple trush help please!!!

Grapefruit Seed Extract. Cleared mine up in days. I did not believe I had thrush until it went away and things felt sooooo much better. You can add it to laundry as well to get the yeast out of your bras, etc.

mpink22 11-08-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thtr4me
Grapefruit Seed Extract. Cleared mine up in days. I did not believe I had thrush until it went away and things felt sooooo much better. You can add it to laundry as well to get the yeast out of your bras, etc.

One doctor I went to also recommended twice a day probiotics with a wash called Thoroughly Clean with tea tree oil and awapuhi. But I never had time to get it and used 20 drops of GSE in 2 ounces water and used it a few times a day and that was that.

MandaMommy2 11-09-2012 09:24 AM

Thanks. I found a local store that carries GSE so I'm picking it up today. I really hope this helps. I just can't believe the gentian violet hasn't cleared it up after four days so far and a very purple baby. I does feels little better but my nipples are still pink and shiny when the pure rubs off during the day.

cassie.sattler 11-09-2012 09:50 AM

i had mild thrush around that time and my pedi said to mix one cup water with two drops dawn and one tablespoon baking soda and swab everything that came in contact with lo and my nipples. it did the trick. also i cant use sposie breast pads otherwise i ITCH! cloth ones wick everywhere so i have resorted to discreetly pressing with a finger firmly for a few seconds to stop the let down. now the girls can breath and be happy.

Joyful Tie Dyes 11-09-2012 10:21 AM

Candex is the ONLY thing that cured mine after MONTHS on diflucan. That and rinsing the boobs with GSE and vinegar.

HeatherlovesCDs 11-09-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes (Post 15914756)
Candex is the ONLY thing that cured mine after MONTHS on diflucan. That and rinsing the boobs with GSE and vinegar.

Unfortunately, I tried the Candex and it didn't work for me. I was so hopeful since I know others it has worked for too. But, I'm still, with the next baby, dealing with the yeast.

I've been dealing with yeast off and on (mostly on) since my first was born 7 years and 6 kids ago. :banghead: and :cry:

Here is a link to some awesome info on fighting yeast (candida): http://www.breastfeedinginc.ca/conte...agename=doc-CP

Oh, and the genetian violet didn't work for me when I tried it a while back. I've been on Diflucan for a month now and it's not clearing it up either. I just got the GSE. I'm also on it orally and using miconozol (Monstat) on my nips topically. (that has helped the most) I'm hoping for success by adding the topical GSE rinse. :pray:

newcdmommy29 11-09-2012 01:04 PM

Ask your doctor about Dr. Newmans nipple cream ointment. It's a compounded med but works wonders!!!

DesertRat 11-10-2012 08:09 AM

I love the GSE spray!

Also, I would make sure you change your nursing pads the moment they get even a tiny bit wet. Thrush thrives on that moisture. If possible, go topless. Seriously, air the girls out as much as you can!

Mom2jandb 11-10-2012 08:39 AM

It sounds like you are trying everything! How about the sun? Yeast hates the sun so if there is any way you can get some good exposure where you need it I would try that too. I know it's not the best time of year for that...