Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Homeschooling (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   need help from hs mama's especially from Oklahoma (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461857)

okiemama 11-08-2012 02:09 PM

need help from hs mama's especially from Oklahoma

It's been weighing on me for awhile that I need to get my daughter at home away from the public school system. It has recently gotten worse and I'm thinking today may be her last day. How do I go about signing her out? Is there anything I should know or have prepared befor I go down there and say she won't be back?

ktmelody 11-08-2012 02:31 PM

Here you just bring ID and sign their form.

Check your state laws at hslda website. You may have to put a formal homeschool letter into the district office within 7 days.

foggierbard9 11-08-2012 02:33 PM

Re: need help from hs mama's especially from Oklahoma

I would go to the hslda website and find out the rules for your state/requirements. They have a lot of information there to help you out.

tallanvor 11-08-2012 04:05 PM

Don't know. I mean, we live in Oklahoma, but we've always homeschooled, so I am not sure what you would need to do if you are pulling her. As the other mentioned, check the laws on HSLDA. As Oklahoma doesn't require anything for homeschooling, I can't imagine there's going to much you would need to do.

okiemama 11-09-2012 08:38 AM

Got it thanks ladies. I'm so scared I won't be good at this I'm freaking out on the inside but cool as a cucumber on the outside!

R055ANA 11-09-2012 11:41 AM

Hello there Okiemama!

Welcome to the homeschool forum.

I am not in OK but I still want to cheer you on in doing this. I wish you and your DD success w/ homeschooling. We started homeschooling when my oldest was of kindy age and now we have 4 DDs and none have ever attended a brick and mortar school.

It is frightening to have to withdraw a child from school. I hope it went well when you did this.

All of us worry about doing this correctly and wonder how to improve all the time. Remember teachers @ brick and mortar schools also have these fears.

Remind yourself no one wants your DD to do well more than you. You are taking her out of school because it isn't working and I am sure you will do whatever you can to make this work.

We have a great supportive group here so feel free to pop back w/ any questions or concerns.

Best wishes and keep us posted!

okiemama 11-10-2012 07:09 AM

I'm pulling her out on Monday thank you for the encouragement. I'm still trying to decide what our style is she's 9 and she's already told me what college she wants to go to (she said mamma I want to go to osu because they have the best veterinarian program) so I really want to focused on animal science and what not we have goats and chickens so that will help. We are getting a doe in rhetoric spring to show (she's in 4-h) then we 're breeding her in the fall so that will be a learning experience for her.

blane,j,&morgansmom 11-10-2012 07:25 AM

Go to www.ochec.com Its the know all Oklahoma Homeschool website. lol. They have the answers to almost everything!