Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Worst Parenting Fears (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462023)

newbiemama 11-09-2012 07:30 AM

Worst Parenting Fears

What is your greatest fear as a parent? Aside from a great tragedy like disease, car accident, the "worst-possible scenarios".

I have two.

1) that something would happen to me (so i'd be impaired) while I was at home with the kids, and no one knew and the kids were left alone for hours.

2) that my daughter(s) will grow up to be a "Haley" (Modern Family reference). they'd grow up to be popular and mean, wearing immodest clothing, ungrateful, entitled, closed off into their own world and technology, and complain about everything.

maybe if i share these fears i can let them go. probably not the first fear, but perhaps the second fear i can let go.

Anna0623 11-09-2012 07:48 AM

Re: Worst Parenting Fears

That I would turn into my mother. She was verbally and physically abusive, selfish. She came first, (her happiness) no matter what the cost especially if it came to her children safety or her happiness. "one day all the kids will grow up and have their on live, he makes me happy and im sure thats not really what happened just what you think happened"
I work really hard to read books, take classes and get in put on my parenting from my dh to make sure i take proper care of the children this also means dh lets me know when im overindulging their every want. Dh has also helped me find a balance and i try to schedule some me time 1-2x per week.

PurpleDaffodil 11-09-2012 09:29 AM

SIDS :(

MyNameIsMama 11-09-2012 09:39 AM

Another for turn into my mother

Palooka 11-09-2012 10:08 AM

That I will resent him one day. I don't ever want that.

slyeates 11-09-2012 10:18 AM

1) sids

2) forgetting them in the car in the hot summer heat. (This happens alot in texas it seems like... i see it on the news all the time and it freaks me out.)

ktmelody 11-09-2012 10:18 AM

The only fear I have is that my girls (all 6 of them!) will be taken advantage of, told a web of fairy tale lies and change themselves for a boy. I almost fell into that trap and it devastated me to this day. Being abandoned by someone you love who has told lies and left you with nothing is really hard to get over. I dont want that for my girls.

DottieHarley 11-09-2012 10:19 AM

'nother vote for "turn into my mother." My younger brother has... let's call them issues. About 5-10 years ago my parents admitted that they basically ignored me as much as possible during my MS and HS years because "Your brother needed us more and we knew you'd be okay." Mmmmmm, thanks. Then you want to know why we're not close? :banghead:
Also, ITA with the Haley reference (this week's episode especially!!!!)

thealmightyme 11-09-2012 10:20 AM

That one day my sons will feel about me the way I feel about my mother.

sw.eta 11-09-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenn.mcc (Post 15914689)
That I will resent him one day. I don't ever want that.

+1

I mean I have a lot of fears like being a bad example for him or not teaching him enough good etc... But this one is definitely the biggest.