Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work out of Home Moms (WOHM) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   I Need Maternity Clothes and Nursing Bras! Spam me!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462076)

jessicanashville 11-09-2012 10:33 AM

I Need Maternity Clothes and Nursing Bras! Spam me!!

I need maternity clothes in size xs/s/m that are appropriate for an office setting and don't cost a ton of money...like sweaters, dresses etc. Where are you favorite places to buy nice inexpensive maternity clothes??? spam me:thumbsup:

I am also having a hard time finding nursing bras. I am a size 32dd/e and growing right now so I am guessing 34/E/F/G ish for nursing....any ideas? What brands are best for that size?

keonli 11-09-2012 11:16 AM

Re: I Need Maternity Clothes and Nursing Bras! Spam me!!

I can't help with the bras (one month to go and I'm still a B lol) but for my work clothes, I did Motherhood Maternity with their sales specials. It actually came out cheaper than Target's maternity line. They have really nice work pants.

If you don't mind used, you should check out maternity clothes on Ebay. I got a ton of things free from a friend of a friend as well.

s@hmommy 11-09-2012 11:26 AM

Old Navy has lots of pretty tops on sale and they have a discount code too. I layer the sleeveless tops with sweaters so I can get a better deal by using "summer" clothes they have on clearance.

abunchoflemons 11-09-2012 11:30 AM

I have black capris. I think that's it for now I small. I think sport brand. I have jean capricious too nlbut you said nicer for work.

mibarra 11-09-2012 01:05 PM

I agree with Old Navy, also try discount stores like Burlington Coat Factory. :)

Greenwife 11-16-2012 02:37 PM

eBay? I have seen small lots for good prices on there.

Greenwife 11-16-2012 02:39 PM

I meant to add the Gap makes nice maternity work clothes, so if you can pick up some lightly used you'd get good quality.

MamaWeeks 12-13-2012 10:45 AM

I found the Genie bra to be perfect as a maternity bra, they are sized S, M, L instead of band/cup sizes, I bought three and wore nothing but those since 1st trimester. They are about $10 a piece at Walmart, I'd suggest going in to try them instead of getting them online to fine your size - it's weird, I need a M for my black lace but a L for my white. I do find their sizing very confusing but it's incredibly comfortable. I sleep in mine and don't even notice it's there.

My only complain is how worn out they can get with wash, i'm not towards the end and the one I wear the most often (black lace) already shows heavy wear. But $30 for the whole pregnancy isn't too bad. Hope that helps.

OctBaby 12-17-2012 03:06 PM

I agree w another mama, Burlington coat factory carries maternity for cheap

Learn to shop sales! I got several gap items for 75% off by shopping sale items when they were offering another 40% off the sale price

kocho 12-17-2012 04:59 PM

Do you have any friends that work and recently had kids. I lent out all my maternity clothes to my cousin. I wouldn't have thought of it. But I worked at a lawfirm while pregnant and she worked at a bank. So my aunt called and asked if I would mind lending them out. I got them back just in time for my second pregnancy.

I did scan a lot of yardsales for maternity clothes but I was ttc for over a year each time so had lots of time to prepare. Freecycle is always an option too.