Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What is your childs favorite book right now? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462127)

*Kai&Mommy* 11-09-2012 01:44 PM

What is your childs favorite book right now?

My DS is almost 2 and loves to read .
I find him most days having quite time sitting in our reading spot with a stack of books next to him. His 2 that he loves to read @ night are : by the light of the silvery moon & Welcome little one. I'm in search of some new favorites. What age is your child & what is their favorite book?

anrmom21 11-09-2012 02:05 PM

Brown bear brown bear, and anything that rhymes. He will sit with book all day and he is 2.5.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DS Forum

SavageMamma 11-09-2012 02:17 PM

my two are 3.5 and 2.5 and they love to read!
My 2.5 yr old boy loves Baby Says, Goodnight Moon, Stella and Sam books, Just a Mess and Go to Bed by Mercer Mayer and this circus ship book we found at the library. I could go on and on as we go to the library every couple weeks to exchange, and scour the thrift stores for deals.
One book I would say is totally worth getting is the Harper Collins Treasury picture book classics, lots of awesome books that they want me to read over and over again.
The circus ship book was an absolute favorite too colorful pictures and a rhyming story I even loved it lol! I'll get the correct name and author for you.
Eta: It is called the Circus Ship and it's by Chris Van Dusen

kangasox 11-09-2012 02:25 PM

My little girl is 27 months and loves Good Night, Gorilla, Brown Bear Brown Bear (and Baby Bear, Panda Bear, and Polar Bear). She really loves books with photographs, like first dictionary types and construction equipment!

EmilytheStrange 11-09-2012 02:33 PM

Re: What is your childs favorite book right now?

oh golly, she's 25 months and she loves to read. but her favorites are atrocious :)

I sometimes think she loves them so much because they're the ones I never want to read.

Some things she likes that I also like:
Curduroy
Mercer Mayer's Tink Tonk Tales Series
I'm a big sister now
Nursery Rhymes
Little Oink/Little Hoot/Little Pea
Are you my mother?
Noses
Feet
Ladybug Girl
Llama Llama

abunchoflemons 11-09-2012 02:41 PM

19month loves.touch & feel. 7.5 llama llama & others (sometimes read to 19 month books).

iris0110 11-09-2012 02:53 PM

My kids are way older. Kearnan is 11 and he loves How to Train Your Dragon, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles and Two Lumps to read to himself. Tharen will be 7 in a few weeks and he loves Bad Kitty, Cat Wings and Warriors graphic novels. For me to read to them they love Harry Potter best but also enjoyed Who Stole Halloween (Kearnan easily could have read it), The Bunnicula Series and The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane (this is Kearnan's favorite book ever).

blackbirdmama*3 11-09-2012 03:06 PM

My dd loves all of the Llama Llama books

cheezpoofs 11-09-2012 03:42 PM

My almost four and almost two year olds enjoy White Rabbit's Color Book, Love You Forever, The Very Hungry Caterpillar and The Gruffalo (I highly recommend this one. It's very fun and funny.).

ashley84 11-09-2012 05:07 PM

Green Eggs & Ham - I almost know it by heart. I'm so sick of it. We read it at least twice a day. It's too long for a kids book. I've considered hiding it. He loves it so much that he laughs out loud every time. I'm not sure if I value that or my sanity more. :giggle:

ETA: He's 2.5 years. He'll be 3 in Feb.