Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Feeling like this pregnancy isn't real (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462210)

EmsMom 11-09-2012 07:17 PM

Feeling like this pregnancy isn't real

I'm almost 12wks pg with #3 and I just feel like it isn't real. I have all the same symptoms I had with the first two, I just can't explain it :blush: I have an u/s scheduled for the 19th and I know as soon as I see a heartbeat I'll be good but at the same time I'm half expecting them to tell me I'm not pregnant at all. I know this sounds ridiculous but it's really bothering me. I want this baby so much, I think I'm trying not to be excited on purpose.

marenmccoy 11-09-2012 09:10 PM

Re: Feeling like this pregnancy isn't real

I know totally how you feel. I was exactly the same way this time around, but the irrational "what-if" really does melt away with that US.

EmilytheStrange 11-09-2012 09:14 PM

Oh golly, I'm about to be 19 weeks and I still feel that way. This pregnancy is sorta surreal. I know it exists, but it feels way different than the last one.

steph410 11-10-2012 09:47 AM

i feel the same way and am 19 weeks. baby recently started to "kick" sometimes, though, so that helps!

canadianbakers 11-10-2012 10:06 AM

:bighug:
You're definitely not alone!
I have felt like all my pregnancies were somewhat surreal until after I started feeling baby moving. This time it's more complicated than just feeling movement and feeling like it's real.

EmsMom 11-10-2012 01:57 PM

Thanks ladies! I don't remember feeling like this with the other two. Maybe it's just been so long, my youngest is almost 6 :) I just hate feeling so down about it! I can't wait to see/hear a heartbeat.

MyM&W 11-10-2012 07:33 PM

I'm almost 9 weeks along and I have had that feeling along with the "I feel like something is wrong" thought as well. I cannot wait for my first u/s at 10.5 weeks!!

Bukawww 11-10-2012 07:35 PM

Crashing...I never felt like my last pregnancy was viable, even after she was born lol. I had a loss before her so Im sure that played a huge part.

Shes 8.5 months old now.

krismark0 11-11-2012 11:27 PM

I still feel that way this time, and I'm 27 weeks! First I though the heartbeat would help...nope. Then I thought surely the ultrasound would...nope! Right now the little guy seems to be trying to do jumping jacks in there...but it doesn't feel any more real.

It makes me worry that something is wrong with the baby, but I'm sure he's fine. I think more than anything I am so busy right now I don't have time to think about my pregnancy. Definitely much different than my last one.

EmilytheStrange 11-11-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krismark0
I still feel that way this time, and I'm 27 weeks! First I though the heartbeat would help...nope. Then I thought surely the ultrasound would...nope! Right now the little guy seems to be trying to do jumping jacks in there...but it doesn't feel any more real.

It makes me worry that something is wrong with the baby, but I'm sure he's fine. I think more than anything I am so busy right now I don't have time to think about my pregnancy. Definitely much different than my last one.

I think this is it.

With my last pregnancy, I could just not cook and DH would fend for himself, I could obsess about every symptom, read 4 different 'your baby this week' blogs, plan, prepare, nap after work, etc.

With this one, I still have a home to maintain. I have 3 meals a day to prepare for a 2yo, I haven't taken weekly photos or obsessed or even read a 'your baby' type blog in weeks.

It's just very different. We 'worked hard' to conceive DD - took 3 yrs. She was highly anticipated. This baby was wanted and desired, but came easily without charting and testing and such.

So it's just surreal. I had an early miscarriage a couple months before this pregnancy. That was surreal. And then this one stuck.

Right now the baby is moving all over, it's wonderful. But I don't feel pregnant really. I certainly don't look almost halfway baked.

So different.