Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Opinions- Calico Critters (Christmas gift idea) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462261)

isabelsmummy 11-09-2012 11:36 PM

Opinions- Calico Critters (Christmas gift idea)

Anyone have Calico Critters? I'm considering it for my 3yr old for Christmas although I think my 8yr old would like it too.

They play with Littlest Petshop all the time. Can anyone compare?

Calico Critters seems reaaally expensive though. Very cute though.

napua 11-10-2012 02:41 AM

We have a ton of calico critter stuff...the huge house, school house, many families, and furniture for all of the rooms. The stuff lasts forever and it is so detailed! My dd started playing with it at 2 years old and just finally put it away at 11 years old. It's still in great shape.

napua 11-10-2012 02:43 AM

Fwiw, it's soooo much nicer than LPS, IMO. We bought a lot of that too but she never chose to play with them like the CC toys.

Rhianna'sMommy 11-10-2012 05:46 AM

Re: Opinions- Calico Critters (Christmas gift idea)

It's very nice stuff. We have a small house, a little bit of furniture and a few animals for it (MIL got stuff for dd1 one last year). It's good quality and wouldn't break easily. My kids equally use the calico critter people and littlest pet shop animals in the house. They use the calico critter house for lots of their little toys. You can't go wrong with Calico critter stuff but if you can't get mich of it initially, I find kids are creative and fill in the gaps with other stuff quite nicely.

Lanasmom 11-10-2012 06:19 AM

My dd LOVE the CC set. She plays with mine from when I was a child. The stuff lasts a long time!

chandni3 11-10-2012 06:47 AM

They had these when I was little only they were called Sylvanians. My cousins collected them and had a ton. I was jealous because my mom couldn't afford to buy me them. I got a couple for christmas and I still have them in a box somewhere. So they were popular back then too.

canadianbakers 11-10-2012 09:24 AM

We have some for DD and she loves them - like another poster said, we started getting them for her when she was 3 or 4 and she still plays with them now (just turned 10 yesterday).
They're great quality, and really cute!

~*~Sunflower~*~ 11-10-2012 11:10 AM

We have a bunch. I'm not a big fan of plastic, so the houses & stuff kind of bug me, but the critters are super cute. I really want to just set them up in our wood dollhouses. :)

Leah52 11-10-2012 11:31 AM

I had Maple Town animals when I was little and I loved them. My grandad made us a simple wooden house for Christmas one year and it worked great. I think this would be an awesome idea then you could just buy the small sets that come with a couple of pieces of furniture: how to turn nightstand drawers into a doll house.

~happy2Bamommy~ 11-10-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chandni3 (Post 15917703)
They had these when I was little only they were called Sylvanians. My cousins collected them and had a ton. I was jealous because my mom couldn't afford to buy me them. I got a couple for christmas and I still have them in a box somewhere. So they were popular back then too.

I had these too.

Had a lovely set that my children have now.

I loved them as a kid.