Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Long torso'd women: breastfeeding pillows (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462412)

EmilytheStrange 11-10-2012 04:50 PM

Long torso'd women: breastfeeding pillows

When DD was born, I had a boppy (that I no longer have), it was almost useless to breastfeed with because it wouldn't get her high enough. I had to use other methods to get her on the boob and most were highly uncomfortable.

Since I'm starting from scratch, I thought I'd see if anyone has recommendations. Preferrably from women with longer torsos since that was the bulk of my issue with the boppy.

thanks in advance!

mommypockets 11-10-2012 05:27 PM

MyBrestFriend. It's adjustable height and has a belt strap! it's foam, too! Loved it!

stevensmom 11-10-2012 05:29 PM

Re: Long torso'd women: breastfeeding pillows

I ended up just using a couch pillow that was a bit stiff but it worked so much better than the boppy with my long torso.

EmilytheStrange 11-10-2012 10:59 PM

Thank you - I didn't realize the breastfriend was adjustable!

Couch cushions might work for home, but I want something portable.

gramberandco 11-10-2012 11:09 PM

I have a long torso too and have used a Boppy (useless), My Breast Friend (better), and Bosom Baby (my favorite).

EmilytheStrange 11-10-2012 11:26 PM

Oh never even heard of that one! Good info - thanks!

mommabritt 11-11-2012 12:22 AM

I used a boppy and propped a couch cushion under the sider dds head was on. With DS I never used anything.

Could you not use a pillow? Then you'd never have to buy anything or be missing anything when out and about.

stevensmom 11-11-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommabritt
I used a boppy and propped a couch cushion under the sider dds head was on. With DS I never used anything.

Could you not use a pillow? Then you'd never have to buy anything or be missing anything when out and about.

Yeah I always made due with nothing when I was out and about. At other people's houses I'd just do like I did at home a sofa cushion.

songbird516 11-11-2012 08:46 AM

I have a long torso, and I use a sling when my back starts to hurt. I couldn't get into the boppy this time, plus my daughter was using it as her pillow by that time, lol.

ProudGingerMama 11-11-2012 10:59 AM

I'm going to agree with PP's about the MyBreastFriend pillow. I have a longer torso and used the nippy with ODD. I always ended up stack a ton of pillows underneath it to hold it up. With my YDD we used the MyBreastFriend and LOVED it!!! I still have mine I think....

Ginger mama of 2 gorgeous ginger babies (DD-4 and DD-15 months) Sent from my iPhone (which definitely thinks its smarter than me) using DS Forum