Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In June (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Short of breath? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462431)

slingmama4 11-10-2012 05:01 PM

Short of breath?

Anyone else feel like they can't take a deep enough breath? I'm not talking about after you have exerted lots of energy. I'm talking about when just sitting or laying, I feel like I can't get a good enough breath. I know it isn't because baby is so big. Wonder why?

We do live 7,000 feet above elevation, but I've experienced this with my other pregnancies around this same time (10ish weeks) and we didn't live here.

slingmama4 11-12-2012 02:37 PM

Re: Short of breath?

Wow...nobody? I'm a freak then.

JaylasMommy 11-12-2012 05:08 PM

Only when I am doing things. It's sad. I can't even walk short distances without feeling like this.

812ajack 11-12-2012 07:26 PM

I've had that with a couple of mine and asked my RE about it and he said it can happen due to hormonal changes. I thought it was weird too cause I was really early on and it was hard to breath when I hadn't even been doing anthing. Oddly enough it got better the further along I got.:goodvibes:

mmeneely 11-14-2012 09:10 PM

Well your body is producing 50% more blood and growing a placenta, not to mention another brain and skeletal system - you my dear are nothing short of a miracle growing a miracle and we both are short of breath. Making the bed makes me wheeze a bit.

MyM&W 11-15-2012 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaylasMommy
Only when I am doing things. It's sad. I can't even walk short distances without feeling like this.

Yea no kidding haha! I'm very active and was running miles a week before getting pregnant. I was walking about 3.0mph on the treadmill the other day and was talking to my friend on the phone and she asked why I was winded..ouch. haha. Didn't think I was that bad til then.

MyM&W 11-15-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmeneely
Well your body is producing 50% more blood and growing a placenta, not to mention another brain and skeletal system - you my dear are nothing short of a miracle growing a miracle and we both are short of breath. Making the bed makes me wheeze a bit.

Yes! This ^^

jaxxy 12-02-2012 03:05 PM

You're not a freak. I have it too and did with my 1st pregnancy. I have to talk a lot in meetings at work and I am feeling a little self conscious about it cuz I really get short of breath, I'm afraid I'm going to pass out!

lizgrace07 12-02-2012 06:21 PM

You're not a freak. :) I often feel like I can't get enough air. It seems to happen to me in crowded places (like in church today) or in the shower when it's really humid (there's no fan in our bathroom). We also live at high elevation. I get all light headed and feel like I am going to pass out. I had to step out for some fresh air during church today and that always solves the problem. Same thing with getting out of the stuffy bathroom. It happens to me every pregnancy. I've always figured that you really do need more oxygen when pregnant due to the higher blood volume and the two people who need oxygen. So it makes sense to me.

axelscarlet 12-29-2012 07:26 PM

Yeah, I do get out of breath easily, even when doing some errands.