Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pregnancy Craving = Favorite Food? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462451)

loveramongstars 11-10-2012 06:05 PM

Pregnancy Craving = Favorite Food?

I'm posting this here because not all people who were pregnant check the pregnancy forum.
So, if you had weird craving (something you wouldn't ever eat!!!), did that become your child's favorite food.

This pregnancy, I have craved shrimp. The weird thing? I don't eat seafood for personal reason (not vegetarian/vegan). I think it's gonna be my son's favorite food, but I don't know because I'm not giving into it.

Also, how do I get him to eat something I won't eat? (I'll cook it, see it, smell it, just cannot eat it.)

Plus, it's one of his father's favorite food. :giggle2:

tallanvor 11-10-2012 06:09 PM

Re: Pregnancy Craving = Favorite Food?

I didn't crave anything with my oldest. Craved meat and peanuts with my son, and he likes meat, but I don't know that he'd call it his favorite. He doesn't care for peanuts, though he loves peanut butter. I didn't really crave much with my youngest, though I ate a lot of chocolate. She might call that her favorite.

My mom craved broccoli with me and I cannot even eat broccoli -- I gag on it.

loveramongstars 11-10-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallanvor
My mom craved broccoli with me and I cannot even eat broccoli -- I gag on it.

My mom craved pineapple and ate it everyday. Turns out, I am allergic to it!

Sent from my Inspire. Hope everything makes sense!

Brooke789 11-10-2012 07:01 PM

I said yes, but after thinking about it another second I think it is about half true.

DD went crazy for cheese in the womb. Seriously, if I had cheese she was doing flips!

DS went crazy for anything chocolate! Same thing turning flips. (Don't worry I never ate cheese or chocolate too together to cause them to hurt each other. haha!)

DD loves loves loves cheese. She can't get enough of it. DS can take or leave chocolate. Actually, we went to a craft fair for Halloween and picked up one of the miniature hershey bars for DS. He took one bite and threw the rest away!

JennTheMomma 11-10-2012 07:37 PM

Nope. Craved pizza with ds1, he hardly eats pizza. Craved spinach with ds2, he's had it a few times but doesn't really like it. My mom craved dirt with me (she had Pica) and I certainly do not like dirt.

luvsviola 11-10-2012 07:45 PM

I craved red Icees while pregnant. There is a Burger King about 30 seconds away and DH used to do nightly runs for them. DD likes them, but I wouldn't call them her favorite.

EmilytheStrange 11-10-2012 08:11 PM

I never had cravings with DD, but I ate a lot of fruit, particularly strawberries and grapes. And I ate a lot of salad. The child loves strawberries, grapes, any type of fruit and recently salads.

Trying to continue eating those things with this pregnancy, but strawberries just went out of season.

My mom apparantly ate a ton of oatmeal while pregnant with me and I'm not overly into oatmeal.

joyous 11-10-2012 09:54 PM

I wanted bacon or buffalo wings every day of my third trimester. :giggle: DD loves bacon, but who doesn't? Although she chews it up and then spits it out, never actually swallows it. She's never tried buffalo wings.

chillimom 11-10-2012 10:22 PM

I craved garlic while pregnant with DD - ate caesar salad every day, had an awesome veggie omelette loaded with garlic every day, would even just open the jar of chopped garlic in the fridge and smell it. My other cravings were cheese, eggs (hence the omelettes) and hot fudge sundaes.

DD is a freak for garlic. She eats it raw, by the spoonful, from the jar, and also loves it roasted (she'll easily eat an entire bulb if you let her). She also loves any really garlic-y food, hummus (which I ate a lot of while pregnant) is a favourite. Her other favourite foods are cheese and chocolate - she will do anything for those!

MommyZ of 2 11-10-2012 10:28 PM

I craved watermelon with both pregnancies, and ate one each week with both if them. I tried giving some to my oldest when he was a year old, and he choked on it :( really choked! I had to slap him on the back twice to dislodge it! I have never given it to him or his brother again.