Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Struggles & Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   What can i expect? Some tmi (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462467)

Fishie Kisses 11-10-2012 07:11 PM

Bleeding has started. I expected it because I way overdid it physically today. Passed a couple tiny clots (pea size) last bathroom visit. No cramping though. Will this take DAYS or be done by tomorrow or is there really no way to tell? Will I feel like dying while driving home tonight? And how long will the bleeding last? Is it like pp bleeding or closer to a period in terms of length?

carriek38 11-10-2012 08:50 PM

Re: What can i expect? Some tmi

I don't think there's really any way to tell. There have been a lot of women who have disclosed their experiences (another thread in this section about it) & been quite frank about having heavy cramps to contractions, heavy bleeding, etc. Some have "a heavy period". I had light bleeding for a protracted period of time, then about 2-3 days of heavier bleeding, but still lighter than my period.

:hugs: b/c it's not easy emotionally or physically, regardless of how your body miscarries.

tasundance 11-10-2012 09:11 PM

All of mine have been different. Ive had 3 home losses and 2 D&C's. With my last one I was bleeding really heavy with lots of clots and tissue:BABY :( into the toilet for a few hours and than it was pretty much just spotting for a week. Only needed a pantyliner. I started having mild contractions that got stronger and longer. I passed everything into the toilet in a matter of hours. I really couldnt even get up from the toilet because it was coming out so fast. I cried so hard when I had to flush the toilet. I just wanted to leave it bc that was my baby. It honeslty took everything in me to say any sort of goodbye.

Im very sorry for your loss. I will be thinking of you.

rumblepurr 11-10-2012 09:59 PM

No way to tell :(. I'm so sorry :bighug:! My first 2 were like a heavy period, mild cramps, no clotting. My last was far worse than postpartum, (similar to PP where I had to be on the toilet with horrible cramping, huge clots and lots of bleeding) and has lasted 2.5 weeks of bleeding, with a week of heavy, postpartum like, bleeding right after :(.

Fishie Kisses 11-10-2012 10:41 PM

I think my body is confused *sigh*

I had the one bathroom visit with bleeding and clots. The very next bathroom visit (maybe 30 min later) was just dark brown, nothing on my pad. Next visit (45min) was NOTHING.

Is this like the m/c equivalent of losing my plug and bloody show?

rumblepurr 11-10-2012 11:05 PM

I suggest drinking a gallon + of water. Hydration really helped me. :hugs:

Fishie Kisses 11-13-2012 03:12 PM

I've been cramping (pretty mild) and bleeding (period-like) since last night. Is there any chance this will just be how it is, even at 10 weeks????

momto2princesses 11-13-2012 07:33 PM

With my nine week miscarriage (baby only measured 7 weeks), I had two days of light spotting, then about five hours of contractions every 5-10 minutes, I passed the entire placenta and baby all at once, and then spotted again for about two or three days. It wasn't terrible physically and luckily for me it happened quickly...within two days after I found out the baby had no heartbeat anymore.

I recently had a seven week loss and that was just like a regular period, no cramping and I never saw a baby or anything, so I think my body absorbed it.

I hope yours is easy and happens quickly. I know once I found out, I just wanted it done with so I could move on.

Hugs. No one should have to go through this.

Fishie Kisses 11-13-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momto2princesses (Post 15930335)
With my nine week miscarriage (baby only measured 7 weeks), I had two days of light spotting, then about five hours of contractions every 5-10 minutes, I passed the entire placenta and baby all at once, and then spotted again for about two or three days. It wasn't terrible physically and luckily for me it happened quickly...within two days after I found out the baby had no heartbeat anymore.

I recently had a seven week loss and that was just like a regular period, no cramping and I never saw a baby or anything, so I think my body absorbed it.

I hope yours is easy and happens quickly. I know once I found out, I just wanted it done with so I could move on.

Hugs. No one should have to go through this.

I'm wondering if this is what happened because at 9w it was only measuring 6w...that was over a week ago. My understanding is that it shrinks pretty quickly, so maybe it won't be so bad.